Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sort Album List without "The" (Read 1147 times) previous topic - next topic

Sort Album List without "The"

Is there a way to get the album list to ignore the "The" in front of an artist's name or an album?  So "The Beatles" would be after "Abba", not "Snow Patrol"?

Reply #1
$swapprefix(%<artist>%)
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
Not sure which default album list view you are using or if it is one of your own. Regardless, there is likely, at the beginning of the view syntax, a reference to %artist% or %Album artist%. Preference>Media Library>Album List>Views.

Change it or add a new view with the $stripprefix function included. For example:

$stripprefix(%<album artist>%)|extra stuff as needed| here

More information in the title formatting syntax documentation

EDT: or use above post function

Reply #3
I am using my own album listing, but it does start with %album artist%, and the strip prefix does get the artist in the correct location, but is there any way to get it sorted and still display the "The"?

Reply #4
As far as I know it is not possible with the album list. You can use Foo_Facets which has a preference option to simply ignore 'the'. Presentation of your library will be different - link lists vs a collapsible tree.

Reply #5
As far as I know it is not possible with the album list. You can use Foo_Facets which has a preference option to simply ignore 'the'. Presentation of your library will be different - link lists vs a collapsible tree.

I LOVE Foo_Facets!  Thanks you!