Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Re: How to assign ESC for a keyboard shotcut? (Read 3518 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from How to assign ESC for...

Re: How to assign ESC for a keyboard shotcut?

foo_ui_hacks allows you to hide main window using Esc key (as well as a lot of other useful things).
http://veg.by/z/2017-11-24-17-58-12-89261259.png

Re: Re: How to assign ESC for a keyboard shotcut?

Reply #1
@VEG : Please don't recommend BANNED and outdated components. Apart from its obvious name, foo_ui_hacks explores undocumented foobar's API/SDK functions. As not documented such functions are not intended to be used by developers, to not simply say, that their usage is simply not allowed as it violates license terms of foobar2000.

Reply #2
I'd rather recommend a "banned" plugin than lie "it is not possible, just live with it".

I use this plugin (version 2013-02-19) for years and it does a lot of very useful things which are not possible without it, and these settings make the player much more convenient at least for me. For example, using Shift+Esc for minimizing the window of the player is very inconvenient for me, I use just Esc for years. Also I like that now the player is smart enough to stop playing music when I mute the system sound or when I start to speak with someone using Skype. There are really a lot of very useful settings, the plugin is very stable (last time my foobar2000 had been crashed years ago because of another plugin), and "banned" status doesn't make this plugin less useful. On the contrary, this plugin makes foobar2000 more useful and smart.

Reply #3
I don't discuss if plugin is good or bad. It is banned and recommending such plugin, especially in this forum is a bad idea. No matter how useful it might be. So within a range of non banned solutions, using ESC for minimalization is not available.
You know, we can also discuss marihuana. It has several positive aspects, several negative, it is better solution than alcohol in most cases, but it doesn't change its official status - marihuana is illegal. In practice no one can stop you from using it, but you shouldn't recommend it in public and you shouldn't publicly declare that you use it. Same applies to banned plugins.

Reply #4
You compare foo_ui_hacks (just a plugin which uses an unofficial API) with marijuana, and it seems that you're serious. Really funny. But I'm not going to discuss it, sorry. foo_ui_hacks exists. Period.

Reply #6
I don't discuss if plugin is good or bad. It is banned and recommending such plugin, especially in this forum is a bad idea. No matter how useful it might be. So within a range of non banned solutions, using ESC for minimalization is not available.
You know, we can also discuss marihuana. It has several positive aspects, several negative, it is better solution than alcohol in most cases, but it doesn't change its official status - marihuana is illegal. In practice no one can stop you from using it, but you shouldn't recommend it in public and you shouldn't publicly declare that you use it. Same applies to banned plugins.

you know, marijuanna got banned just around the year of 1960ish?. just "around" 57 years ago due to lobbysim and shit. better to not mention it. illegal drugs that are less harmfull than other drugs that by lobbysim and facism and organized government crime are remain legal by even today.... dude gosh..... better dont mention organized government crime, lobbyism and fascim, cause it would only end as bad as the result of very modern today. just dont.

i personally have seen dudes getting away from an alcohol addiction (physical addictional) by using non physical addictional hemp. not the strongest hemp out there. just regular hemp we could get on the streets. hemp with just enough THC (tetra hydro cannbinol) to satisfy you and your well being. hemp usage never resulted in overdosage. hemp was always the smarter choice. dude i am afraid, i am not that dumb, but i am opting for not discussing that specific topic becuase i am not really 100% native english speaking. just my language barrier would make it difficult for me to discuss with the most english expiriences guys. so play dont. please dont. either you have at least a doctor or a proffesor title in both, the language we are communicating in and in chemicals, please dont refer to it. because this one is just a way to important .............

i know, using female hemp is less harmfull than using alcohol. and fuck off all the guys who tell otherwise..

just dont make this a discussion on an board like this. this board is not about chemicals, this board is not about physical and mental addictions. this board is about foobar2000. dont throw in stuff that we couldnt defend by its core... just stick to the application foobar2000 instead.............

Reply #7

you know, marijuanna got banned just around the year of 1960ish?. just "around" 57 years ago due to lobbysim and shit. better to not mention it. illegal drugs that are less harmfull than other drugs that by lobbysim and facism and organized government crime are remain legal by even today.... dude gosh..... better dont mention organized government crime, lobbyism and fascim, cause it would only end as bad as the result of very modern today. just dont.

i personally have seen dudes getting away from an alcohol addiction (physical addictional) by using non physical addictional hemp. not the strongest hemp out there. just regular hemp we could get on the streets. hemp with just enough THC (tetra hydro cannbinol) to satisfy you and your well being. hemp usage never resulted in overdosage. hemp was always the smarter choice. dude i am afraid, i am not that dumb, but i am opting for not discussing that specific topic becuase i am not really 100% native english speaking. just my language barrier would make it difficult for me to discuss with the most english expiriences guys. so play dont. please dont. either you have at least a doctor or a proffesor title in both, the language we are communicating in and in chemicals, please dont refer to it. because this one is just a way to important .............

i know, using female hemp is less harmfull than using alcohol. and fuck off all the guys who tell otherwise..

just dont make this a discussion on an board like this. this board is not about chemicals, this board is not about physical and mental addictions. this board is about foobar2000. dont throw in stuff that we couldnt defend by its core... just stick to the application foobar2000 instead.............

That's a nice piece of hypocrisy right there. If I didn't know any better I'd say you're full on trolling there.

Reply #9
Trolling or Hanlon's Razor?

I raise you occams's razor then.

Reply #10
jazzthieve i am not trolling. however not trying to go to much into ot here, but i was serious about what i said. you could have a read here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_history_of_cannabis_in_the_United_States#Mandatory_sentencing_.281952.2C_1956.29

or dont, however. basically we just were to expierience some similar practicing regarding vaping. they tried to ban vaping with all methods they could think off. but they couldnt ban this because so many fought back.

sry if i sounded like that i was trolling

would like to go back to topic, but this one seems already answered

Reply #11
It is much healthier for you to dispose of certain byproducts of metabolism - actually, it is even necessary for the body - but that does not mean you should do it just anywhere.
And if your local hydrogendioxide[whatever] pool considers recommendations of known br0ken components to be crap, then what?

Reply #12
Doesn't matter if you coat it with pseudo intellectual BS like Porcus seems to think he's on but the other one clearly is not but if you want to turn this board into a play game then you're doing a great job at that.
Give us some more....