Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Do you think --dm-preset-standard would scale down well? (Read 4501 times) previous topic - next topic

Do you think --dm-preset-standard would scale down well?

I want to make files for my CF mp3 player that are in the bitrate range of 128... ?? ... r3mix. Right now the command I use is

--r3mix -V4 -b32

Do you think --dm-preset-standard would respond well to
-V4 -b32? Or would --r3mix be better?

Also, have there been any updates to the r3mix preset since the version that goes with Win32LAME?

Reply #1
Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
I want to make files for my CF mp3 player that are in the bitrate range of 128... ?? ... r3mix. Right now the command I use is

--r3mix -V4 -b32

Do you think --dm-preset-standard would respond well to
-V4 -b32? Or would --r3mix be better?

Very soon now I am going to be adding a low bitrate preset to the --dm-presets.  I'd probably suggest using that if you can wait a short while.

Also, have there been any updates to the r3mix preset since the version that goes with Win32LAME?

I don't think there have been any major updates.  There was a bug fix recently related to something that was changed recently, but I don't think either of those things effect the Win32LAME, they were only in the previous alpha version.

Reply #2
Hi.  You might want to consider the following..

--abr 132 -h --nspsytune --athtype 2 --lowpass 16 --ns-bass -8

Hans Heijden and FF123 over at r3mix ( here too) did some testing with this and found it to be about the best they could wring from this bitrate.:listening

Reply #3
Originally posted by kennedyb4
Hi.  You might want to consider the following..

--abr 132 -h --nspsytune --athtype 2 --lowpass 16 --ns-bass -8

This is exactly what I was thinking of using for this range, except I may make a few slight modifications to make use of some of the other improvements I am currently working on.

Reply #4
I don't need it to be down at 128kbps, I said something in the 128--r3mix range...