Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I cannot play DTS CD provided as BIN + CUE (Read 10274 times) previous topic - next topic

I cannot play DTS CD provided as BIN + CUE

Hi Folks,

anybody out there knows how to play a DTS CD ripped as a BIN + CUE files?

Foobar2000 v1.1.13 reports that it doesn't support BINARY format, however the BIN file doesn't look as real binary file but as a DTS stream.

Just to try, I renamed the .bin file in .dts, and doing so Foobar could play it, but again the CUE file couldn't load, so I can play the DTS but the cue info are lost.

Any workaround?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Andrea.

Reply #2
And when pointing it at the DTS file, you must also change the type to WAVE, as only WAVE and MP3 types are supported, even if WAVE does support any arbitrary seekable format that foobar2000 also supports.

Reply #3
Hi all!
Yes, I edited the cue file to point to the dts file (that I left with the original .bin estension) and I also replaced BINARY with WAVE, however, even in this case, Foobar reports an "Unsupported file format" error.

Do you know if the problem is in the .bin estension itself?

Thanks
Andrea

Reply #4
Do you know if the problem is in the .bin estension itself?
You already reported that the file could not be played as .bin but could when renamed to .dts, so why don’t you just try renaming it again and see for yourself?

Reply #5
OK, I renamed the file as .DTS then I modified the CUE embedded link and specified the format as WAVE, and doing so all works fine.

Thank you all for the support.
Regards, Andrea