Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Semicolon in multivalue fields (Read 1628 times) previous topic - next topic

Semicolon in multivalue fields

The semicolon of multivalue fields in filenames is modified to comma with "File operations - Rename to...". I know that ; (semicolon) is not recommended for file names, but comma also. Is it possible to retain semicolon in filename, because of the possible later use with "Properties - Automatically fill values..."

Re: Semicolon in multivalue fields

Reply #1
Semicolon is not a bad character, so I think there is more to it than just renaming. If you go into Properties and try to format field <FOO> from field <BAR> that has a visible semicolon, it becomes replaced with a comma there. (I haven't checked thoroughly if that goes for literal semicolons too.)

Re: Semicolon in multivalue fields

Reply #2
I'm not very familiar with foobar2000 renaming operation, but I think you should use the $meta_sep() function in the new name pattern. For example:
Code: [Select]
$meta_sep(multivalue_field,";")
I'm late