Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Log-in problem (Read 3329 times) previous topic - next topic

Log-in problem

I've suddenly started getting the reply 'you must enter a user name' when I try to log-in, despite the fact I have done so.

I tried re-registering and got the reply 'you did not click the I Agree checkbox' again having done so.

I'm sending this from a second PC which is on-line through the same router and accepts my log-in.

Any idea what's causing this weird behaviour?
Thunder Bolt

Strikes where least expected!

Log-in problem

Reply #1
Just an idea, not that I'm sure of, but.. have you tried cleaning your "temporary internet files" (assuming you're browsing with IE)?
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Log-in problem

Reply #2
Try cleaning the browser cache and delete cookies.

Log-in problem

Reply #3
Tried that, thanks. Made no difference.

I've checked every setting I can think of and can find no reason for this problem.
My second computer is using the same IP address for access and works fine.
[BTW the one that works is running W98SE, the one that doesn't is on XP SP2, although it did work OK until yesterday?

Edit: Corrected URL to IP address
Thunder Bolt

Log-in problem

Reply #4
Check your hosts file (usually under C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc ) if there's anything other than localhost in there.

Log-in problem

Reply #5
Thanks, CiTay,

I use Tweakmaster, so my hosts file is updated by that.
I deleted the entries, and the original hosts file, and now everything is working OK.

Thanks very much for the help. 
Thunder Bolt