Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [crashware] foo_uie_lyrics2 (Read 480946 times) previous topic - next topic

[crashware] foo_uie_lyrics2

Reply #50
hmm , i can only imagine two causes for this problem.

Could you give me some example input for artist & title please?

Also, are you directly connected to the internet, or using a proxy server?

I'm directly connected and I have "do not use proxy server" in my settings.
Strangely enough, when I tried to test another time, online search works for English titles. But it still doesn't for Russian titles. For example, "????? ????? - ?????", "???????? ????????? - ??????????" - version 0.4.1 of the plugin had found, downloaded and saved to configuration folder lyrics for these titles. Now I delete lyrics files from the configuration folder - and neither version 0.4.3, nor version 0.4.2 can find them anymore.

P.S. Maybe I found the cause of this problem - I tried to search viewlyrics.com manually, and "Search" link on the main page of the site doesn't work anymore. Here is the HTML for the site's menu - all links point to the main page.
Code: [Select]
<A class=toolbar 
            href="/">Home</A>
            &nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;
            <A class=toolbar
            href="/">Search
            Lyrics</A>
            &nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;
            <A class=toolbar
            href="/">Top
            Lyrics</A>

Probably it's viewlyrics.com that is broken.

UPDATE: No, it is not, as the plugin finds lyrics from viewlyrics.com for English titles successfully.

Reply #51
ADD-ON:
I have been testing the lyrics plug-in further, it can do find some lyrics for some popular Chinese songs, eg:??? - ????, but the lyrics CAN'T MATCH the songs, and if it's English songs by the Chinese singers, for example:?? - Eyes on me, the results will be right. I'm actually be confused.
I guess the keyword--title and artist in Chinese character will lead to the erroneous results. Please look into and find the problem, thanks!

thanks for the report, I've found the problem, will be fixed next version

Reply #52
I don't know if its the same that "Alexander B" and "joelzhao" reported but I don't seem to get results from viewlyrics if the characters "éűáőúöüóí" are present. e.g.: If I have a perfect lrc file for "Kicsikét" from "Tankcsapda" in the lyrics folder dated november so its from viewlyrics. But when I do an online search I don't get that back as a result. I only get one non-lrc result from lyrdb. Wich I apparently can't load because the original gets reloaded, I suppose because its a timed lrc. I this case an open lyrics location option would be hepful since I had to type in the location to make sure its not the same I already had.

One more thing. The "open file location" and "open with external editor options seem to" seems to be dimmed all the time.

Reply #53
Hi,
Thanks for updating this excellent plugin.  Let me report what I noticed today with the new 0.4.4:

- "Lyrics association manager" button has only the option to remove or tidy, so you can't add anything.
- Context menu Lyric association / Associate lyric lets you choose a file, but nothing happens afterward.
- The option "While lyric found from directory / Add to association" also doesn't seem to do anything.

- "Order: Embed -> Association -> Lyrics folder -> Local search -> Online search".  If I guess right, "Lyrics folder" should be the same as the "Save scheme" you define in the Internet tab.  But where is "Local search" defined?

- Help button opens a erroneous web page.

I hope this will be fixed in a new version.

Reply #54
I don't know if its the same that "Alexander B" and "joelzhao" reported but I don't seem to get results from viewlyrics if the characters "é?á?úöüóí" are present. e.g.: If I have a perfect lrc file for "Kicsikét" from "Tankcsapda" in the lyrics folder dated november so its from viewlyrics. But when I do an online search I don't get that back as a result. I only get one non-lrc result from lyrdb. Wich I apparently can't load because the original gets reloaded, I suppose because its a timed lrc. I this case an open lyrics location option would be hepful since I had to type in the location to make sure its not the same I already had.

One more thing. The "open file location" and "open with external editor options seem to" seems to be dimmed all the time.

This is the same problem - Unicode/UTF-8 support was broken for some languages. I will release an updated version soon.

You should be able to load the lyrdb result with the "Next lyrics" button.

The "open file location" and "open with external editor" buttons are only available for lyrics loaded from files or associations (because only for them files exist)

Hi,
Thanks for updating this excellent plugin.  Let me report what I noticed today with the new 0.4.4:

Thanks for the report. Will be fixed next version

Reply #55
I have decided to make a fast 0.4.5 release to fix the online search & assiciations problems.

New databases, as well as the possibility to rearange online sources will come with 0.4.6.

Reply #56
Thanks, Michael87! With version 0.4.5 I am able to find and download lyrics for Russian songs again.

Reply #57
BTW, in search for the most complete source of Russian lyrics, I found a site www.alloflyrics.com. There are many unsynced lyrics there, and not only for Russian songs. English version of the site is available too (http://www.alloflyrics.com/en/). I doubt if it is possible to add this site as a new database, because it allows to search for artist OR for song title, but not both, but maybe you can try?

Reply #58
The "open file location" and "open with external editor" buttons are only available for lyrics loaded from files or associations (because only for them files exist)

But it never apperas. At least here. 0.4.2 is the latest where these options apper for me.

Reply #60
@Alexander B:
looks great, I will add it using google ( http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=site%3A...;fp=1&cad=b )

This will not work for Russian titles, because they are transliterated in Latin alphabet in URLs. For example, lyrics for "????? ?????? - ?????? ??????" are found under http://www.alloflyrics.com/en/lyrics/Agata...ubov-10765.html. I am afraid it is too complex to figure out their transliteration scheme and implement it in plugin code, even if it is consistent throughout the site, which I doubt.

UPDATE: The same for other non-ASCII titles. For example, German "Airbäg" (the first band with umlaut in its name that I found) transliterates into "Airbaumlg" in URL. Who knows how they treat other Unicode characters...

Reply #61
Thank you Michael! The update gifts to us so soon! The Chinese lyrics are perfectly supported now.

Reply #62
Thanks Michael87. That was really fast. 

Reply #63
Thanks for picking up development of this component, Michael87.

I had made this suggestion for the old component:
Would it be possible for this component to use the proxy settings from foobar's general Network Preferences?...

Just a suggestion.  Thanks again for your efforts.

Reply #64
Is there some way to get this working with the default user interface (without foo_dockable_panels)?

Reply #65
currently, no

terry

Reply #66
currently, no

meh. 

@Michael87

Do you have any intentions to add support for the DUI? Unfortunately there are no real alternatives for this great plugin, so this would be highly appreciated - at least by me. 

Reply #68
Would it be possible for this component to use the proxy settings from foobar's general Network Preferences?
Will be possible when the 1.0 SDK with the new built-in HTTP reader API is available and Michael wants to use it.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #70
0.45 have  bug for playing the multitrack ,it only download lrc file for the songs which  i first played.

Reply #71
using ver 0.4.5
under Formatting strings tab
the line feed: $char(10) doesn't work

Many thanks for maintaining this plug-in!

Reply #72
using ver 0.4.5
under Formatting strings tab
the line feed: $char(10) doesn't work

I do not use foo_uie_lyrics2, but try to replace $char(10) with $crlf()
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #73
Dear component developer.
After a while of using foobar, I'm always getting this

Since this never happened before I started using foo_uie_lyrics2, it's most likely due to this component and I never had this problem with foo_uie_lyrics plugin.

I dunno if this is important, but I'm running windows 7 with the latest Versions of both Visual C++ Runtime 2005 and 2008 and Service Packs.

A crash report is not created, whyever.

Reply #74
The problem exists on Win XP as well (SP3).