Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: transparency issue with skin (Read 3980 times) previous topic - next topic

transparency issue with skin

I'm making a skin(mostly cause I'm bored) anyway... I have no idea how to get the transparent gif to work properly.  It looks like this.  The area around her should be clear, as it is in any picture viewer, but as a skin it trails all over the place(#1) when I move it around with my mouse and the transparent background is black when it's still(#2.)

Anyone have any idea what to do?

Forgot... foo_look 1.10, foobar 0.8.3, windows XP

Reply #1
what program did you use to create the .gif?

and, if possible, try using a .png

Reply #2
what program did you use to create the .gif?

and, if possible, try using a .png
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=364888"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I used the gimp.  And pngs look even worse.

I tried photoshop with the same result, but I only just exported it from the gimp as a .psd from an .xcf(gimps native format) and didn't create it with photoshop.  (I'm beginning to detest photoshop, so you're going to have a hard time convincing me to start using it again  )

The only thing I'm thinking is that it could have something to do with active desktop??, because I removed that from my system(with nlite), unless this is just a known issue with foo_look, or has to do with me coding the .ski file wrong, I don't know??  It's obvious it can grab the screen/background, but not "ungrab" it.

Reply #3
The only thing I'm thinking is that it could have something to do with active desktop??, because I removed that from my system(with nlite), unless this is just a known issue with foo_look, or has to do with me coding the .ski file wrong, I don't know??  It's obvious it can grab the screen/background, but not "ungrab" it.

I might be able to help you a little better if you were to post a copy of the files that you've currently created, so that i could test them on my machine and check the coding of the files, otherwise i have no idea how to help you.

Reply #4
I'm not sure foo_looks even supported transparency in 1.10. I am pretty sure by 2.1 it was in though.