Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Randomly playback a song from 4 different playlist fairly (Read 1405 times) previous topic - next topic

Randomly playback a song from 4 different playlist fairly

How do I do these in foobar?

Let's say I have 4 different playlist (English, Vocaloid, Dubstep, Nightcore). Now the song count for those 4 different playlist differ and has a large difference making the playlist that have the largest song count gets played more frequently.

What I want for foobar to do is to pick randomly from those 4 playlist then pick 1 random song to play from the decided playlist. How do I do these?

thanks

Reply #1
You're aware that, even if this is possible, it will result in songs from the smaller playlists to be repeated more often?

Reply #2
You're aware that, even if this is possible, it will result in songs from the smaller playlists to be repeated more often?

yes, and couldn't care less. The smallest playlist have 600 songs so chances of a song repeated in a small timeframe is still slim.