Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Are there tutorials for converting stereo MP3 to stereo AC3? (Read 3316 times) previous topic - next topic

Are there tutorials for converting stereo MP3 to stereo AC3?

I have been searching all over Google for a conversion tutorial to convert stereo MP3 to stereo AC3 music 2-channel format. Not a video format. I have music that are in .mp3. They will play on my iPhone in MP3 format, but I rather use the proper AC3 format. Are there any tutorials?

Also, are there tutorials for convert FLAC to AC3?

If possible, could BeSweet do the work, BeLite? I mean the GUI part?

Are there tutorials for converting stereo MP3 to stereo AC3?

Reply #1
First off, I think you mean AAC, not AC3 - AC3 is also known as Dolby Digital, and is usually used for surround sound on DVDs, Blu-rays and broadcasts.

Secondly, why do you want to convert to AAC, when, as you noted, the original MP3s play just fine on your iPhone (and any other media playing device made in the past 10 years or so)?

You would be transcoding - converting from one lossy format to another - and as such, could only lose quality.

As far as converting from FLAC to AAC for your iPhone, that makes sense, but what OS are you running?
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."