Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flac 1.02 BeOS (Read 1468 times) previous topic - next topic

Flac 1.02 BeOS

Start. I'm using flac 1.02 for the BeOS architecture. This is going well. From packet data +50% data that can be pressed. But the exact number that I got from Lossless Comparison was around 52%.

Re: Flac 1.02 BeOS

Reply #1
There is no exact number in compression. If you make a zip file containing a text document, compression will be much more than when you make a zip containing a JPEG picture.

Likewise, if you make a FLAC containing only silence, the compression will be much greater than when you make a FLAC containing music. If you make a FLAC containing pure noise, you won't get any compression at all.

The 52% mentioned there is an average on a certain corpus of music, and is only useful for comparing with other codecs on the same corpus. There is no absolute there.
Music: sounds arranged such that they construct feelings.

Re: Flac 1.02 BeOS

Reply #2
I respond in this regard. flac as a lossless file. contain data (single file) , flac.