Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Which one do you use? Why?

Grooveshark
[ 0 ] (0%)
Rdio
[ 2 ] (15.4%)
Spotify
[ 6 ] (46.2%)
Xbox Music
[ 1 ] (7.7%)
Rhapsody
[ 0 ] (0%)
Deezer
[ 1 ] (7.7%)
Other
[ 3 ] (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Topic: You choose: On-demand streaming sites with offline mode (Read 5890 times) previous topic - next topic

You choose: On-demand streaming sites with offline mode

Why did you choose your current on-demand service with offline mode?

Reply #1
Some time ago, I did the free 30 day trials with WiMP and Simfy. Currently not subscribed to any service, though.

By the way, your poll doesn't include some well-known services such as Google Play Music All Access and Amazon Cloud Player. I find Amazon and Google particularly interesting as you not just listen to their catalogue, but also upload and listen to your own songs.

Reply #2
Bumping up this thread, as there is Apple Music now - which I don't use.  And WiMP is Tidal now - which I don't use either. Simfy is Deezer now where I hardly ever used the former, but now and then the latter, also Rdio from time to time and Xbox Music when it was free.

The availability of an ad-supported free tier in Germany is and was my main reason to stick to Spotify, furthermore the new Last.fm beta site integrates very nicely with their desktop client and already did with the now outdated Last.fm for Spotify app. Last but not least Led Zeppelin was exclusively available for free on Spotify for a long time, also Pink Floyd, so that made my decision even easier.

As I'm only listening through my desktop computer connected to my stereo gear with a cable, offline mode is not important to me.
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ - "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg..."
INDIGO ROCKS - "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel."