Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC rejects AutoFlac setup (Read 3354 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC rejects AutoFlac setup

In configuring Exact Auto Copy so that Auto Flac may drive it, there is a substantial sheet of settings in the README. Several are rejected by EAC when I enter them into the appropriate subsection of settings:
1. Under Filename:
.    -> Set "Naming scheme" to: %I\%A\%C\%N-%T
.        Enable "Use various artist naming scheme"
.        Set various artist naming scheme to: %I\Various Artists\%C\%N-%A - %T
Both the %I\%A\%C\%N-%T  and the %I\Various Artists\%C\%N-%A - %T are rejected with the message "Invalid Filename!" whether tried together or separately.
2. Under Compression Options:
.  -> External Compression
.      -> Enable "Use external program for compression".
.       Set "Parameter passing scheme" to: User Defined Encoder
.          Set "Use file extension" to: .flac
.          Set "Program used for compression" to the full path for flac.exe
.          Set "Additional command line options to: --best -T "ARTIST=%a" -T "TITLE=%t" -T "ALBUM=%g" -T "DATE=%y" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%n" -T "GENRE=%m" %s
.      Disable "Add ID3 tag"
The "--best -T "ARTIST=%a" -T "TITLE=%t" -T "ALBUM=%g" -T "DATE=%y" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%n" -T" are rejected by EAC with the message "Invalid replacement tag found!"

I have tried many of the other settings, and they seem to complete OK,  but there is no telling what might happen after all get entered together. Elsewhere, I noticed that an example showed the replacements with two % marks, so I also tried that. No joy.

All help gratefully received.

Thank you.

EAC rejects AutoFlac setup

Reply #3
How about this?
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...AC_placeholders

Thank you. After looking at the reference, it looks to be spot-on. I'll get back after trying it. And many many thanks.

Well, now I've tried it, and things have moved forward from the original issue. While EAC starts, there is an error on each track. It claims that it cannot execute the Flac.exe path I gave it, although the path was given by navigating to it by 'browse'.  I will approach that as a new thread. Thanks again for the help!