Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1889450 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #3000
No, it looks like it didn't even try to query the database. You might have turned it off by mistake. It's the checkbox next to the icon of a CD with a red plus on it.
Grrr, new install... my bad.  Thanx

Reply #3001
Greetings from a noob.  I've been using CueTools (ver 15) for awhile but lately receiving an "Exception: An Invalid Argument was supplied" error when trying to split files.  Might someone be able to point me towards a solution?  Using latest versions does not solve.

Thx

Reply #3002
A little more information would help. You didn't even give a format for the input or output files.
FLACCL can throw this type of exception. Perhaps you changed the FLAC encoder?
korth

Reply #3003
Thank you for responding korth.  Apparently it has something to do with my particular computer (running Win 10).  I've tried the same program, same cue file on a different LT (also Win 10) and it runs fine.  BTW I am using unaltered default settings and have had no problems until lately.

I will try to clean all evidence of CueTools out of my registry, restart and see if that cures the error.

Reply #3004
If you're not running as portable, the settings file is in %appdata%\CUE Tools
Delete (or rename) while CUETools isn't running.
korth

Reply #3005
Thank you again korth.  I'd tried everything with no luck, until I loaded it to a usb drive and it now works fine.  Whatever...it's good to have it working again.  :)

Reply #3006
Just a suggestion "for consideration" (I don't really know if there is a "good" way of improving this) for the settings. It concerns all the places there are tagging-related options. If I open the preferences, I see

* One tab for "Tagging".
* One tab for AccurateRip. Therein, there is a choice to write AccurateRip tags or not.
* One Advanced tab, where several sections are tagging-relevant.

At least, why not rename the AccurateRip tab into "AccurateRip&CTDB" and put the "Write CTDB tags" into there? Typically, I either want information to be updated or I don't ...

(And there is enough room in the Tagging tab to put the first two "advanced" tagging preferences to the right - could have an "Advanced" heading.)

Re: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5

Reply #3007
This thread is locked. Please use the new CUETools forum area for comments, questions about usage or otherwise request assistance. See Read First: a few posting guidelines before posting and for more information about where to make bug reports.
korth