Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discussion of "Default UI Gallery" (Read 377048 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion of "Default UI Gallery"

Reply #100

This is what I use as a replaygain indicator. Just make a custom column with:
Code: [Select]
$if(%replaygain_album_gain%,A,$if(%replaygain_track_gain%,T,X))

And modify to your hearts delight of course.

Thanks that's exactly what I meant! Do you know how to color the 'X' in red? I've tried with $rgb function without any success

$rgb function doesn't work in DUI
Ignorance is bliss.

Reply #101
Which color scheme do you guys use for the spectrum visualization?
There are lots of options, like making gradients of different colors.
Playing with the color choices, I came with this one:

What I did was setting the first color to 150 hue, 150 sat, 0 lum. Then I added a color with 150 hue, 150 sat, but increasing the lum 10 by 10 (step 10), until I got to lum=210.  That way the colors were really vivid in a shade of blue.
It would be great to see other combinations of colors, there's a lot of creativity in the color scheme of this element.

Reply #102
how can i move around elements when i'm in layout edit mode?

i'm trying to do:

Reply #103
how can i move around elements when i'm in layout edit mode?

you can't "move them" per say, but you have to copy and paste to move them around.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #104
right klick on the elements and then cut out or change the UI Element.
For this construct you need a (left/right) splitter, and then on the left field of the splitter you also need a (top/bottom) splitter.
Just rightclick on the fields and insert the new ui element.

I hope this will help you a little bit!

Reply #107
thanks. figured it out finally..

Reply #108
Here's mine:

I still think it's rather ugly, but I'm using a darker colour to reduce strain on my eyes. I wish there was some way to remove the very obvious splitter bars, or at least, reduce them to being a few pixels thick.

What would be really cool is if you could specify which columns the playlist would show depending on the playlist tab that's selected. The reason I wonder is that my classical/opera music contains extra tags that my pop/rock collection does not, such as performer, conductor, etc...
If foobar could remember which columns to show per playlist that would rock....
Unless this exists?

Doubt it.

Reply #109
What would be really cool is if you could specify which columns the playlist would show depending on the playlist tab that's selected. The reason I wonder is that my classical/opera music contains extra tags that my pop/rock collection does not, such as performer, conductor, etc...
If foobar could remember which columns to show per playlist that would rock....
Unless this exists?

Doubt it.

I agree, this feature would be quite cool.

Reply #110
I agree too. In fact the best would be if, for each playlist, one could specify which columns to show / hide.

Some examples :
- For classical music : more columns (conductor, performer, etc.)
- For singles : the album column might be not necessary
- For VA albums : the artist column might be necessary (it isn't in most albums, except when album artist is not null)
- For soundtracks : the genre column might be not necessary if the genre has been already set to "soundtrack"
- Etc.

So the best would be to be able to create SEVERAL PLAYLIST VIEW LAYOUTS (layout 1, layout 2, layout 3...), and then for each playlist, be able to assign one precise layout (classical -> layout 1, singles -> layout 2, etc.)

The advantage of layouts over columns is simple : in a layout, one could specify each column's width and order. Imagine the possibilities !

And now the big question : what do devs think ?... 

Reply #111
You could already do something like this with one column and title formatting.

$if($equal($lower(%genre%),classical),%performer% - %conductor%,%artist%)

...or something to that effect.

Obviously maybe not exactly what you guys are looking for, but if you need something more complicated, there's always other UIs.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #112
i need to get a widescreen lcd...would be sooo much nice with a wider screen

Reply #113
Thanks shakey snake.  You know, that's what I like about this forum : whatever your request, there's always someone coming in and saying : "but you can ALREADY do that, don't you know ?" 

As for the rest of your post :
if you need something more complicated, there's always other UIs.

That's the kind of answer I was hoping NOT to get.  IMHO this function is not, or should not be, UI-dependent. In every UI there are playlists and a playlist view, so I'd rather see this as improving the way foobar handles playlists ("playlist preferences" if you like). 

Reply #114
I agree too. In fact the best would be if, for each playlist, one could specify which columns to show / hide.

Exactly what I'm talking about. I'd love to see that function.

You could already do something like this with one column and title formatting.

...or something to that effect.

Thanks for that info, I guess I'll have to use it for now. Hopefully an idea like what we're talking about will be implemented?

Reply #115
Small Note:

can be written more elegantly as:

$if($stricmp(%genre%,classical),%performer%- %conductor%,%artist%)

NOTE: stricmp is case insensitive.

Reply #116
Thanks shakey snake.  You know, that's what I like about this forum : whatever your request, there's always someone coming in and saying : "but you can ALREADY do that, don't you know ?" 

It is a lovely forum in that regard!
Except I'm at a loss as to where I should ask why "Use Custom Sort String" isn't an option on any Library displayers

Reply #117
Small Note:

can be written more elegantly as:

$if($stricmp(%genre%,classical),%performer%- %conductor%,%artist%)

NOTE: stricmp is case insensitive.

Could you please provide a version that would test, not if %genre% is equal to "classical", but if %genre% CONTAINS the string "classical" ? Thank you.

I have several genres where I could use your trick, and all of them share the substring "classical". So a new version would avoid having to play with $or, which would be less elegant...

Reply #118
For "contains", try this:

$strstr(%genre%,classical)

Reply #119
Thanks, it works.  Not case-sentitive though, but that's not a problem for me.

Reply #120
Thanks, it works.  Not case-sentitive though, but that's not a problem for me.

using the $lower to force the tag to become lowercase would solve that problem:

$strstr($lower(%genre%),classical)

Reply #121
Yes, I know, like I said it's not a problem for me. I just wanted to emphasize for everybody the fact that $strstr is case sentitive, that's all.

Reply #122

What is the code to show the album info in playlist view like in these screenshot?

Reply #123
Right-click on a column header, choose Groups, By Artist/Date/Album/Codec.

Reply #124
I absolutley love the new foobar.  However, I noticed that with album list you can longer just click on a folder or album and it be sent to the playlist, you now have to press ENTER. 

Is there any way of changing this?