Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to Enqueue and Play aka Send to Playlist and Play? (Read 22395 times) previous topic - next topic

How to Enqueue and Play aka Send to Playlist and Play?

Reply #25
I would like to have an enqueue AND play option, too. It is a nice feature to create an ad-hoc playlist from my favorite filemanager. As the track starts immediately I can easily check if I like the track.

Reply #26
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread, but:

* Preferences --> General does not exist anymore, right? http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...ive_playlist.3F seems not to apply.

* Can the "Send to Current Playlist" option be removed altogether? When I use Album List, it is tied to the Enter key and atop the right-click menu, and it is the main culprit of accidental loss of playlist. Can I simply disable it? Or can its behaviour be replaced by "add just after current playing"?

Reply #27
Not a solution, just a FYI bit of information. Click within your lost playlist, Edit > Undo and you will recover nicely.

Reply #28
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...ive_playlist.3F seems not to apply.

This setting has been moved to Preferences > Shell Integration.

When I use Album List, it is tied to the Enter key and atop the right-click menu, and it is the main culprit of accidental loss of playlist.

With both options ticked in Preferences > Media Library -> Library viewer selection playlist the content of the chosen Album List branch is always sent to its own playlist named "Library Viewer Selection" while the content of all other playlists remains unchanged. Not sure whether this helps you.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #29
Thanks to both of you. And yes, even Ctrl-z works as undo, but not at 01AM at a party

Reply #30
Hmmmm ... if it is not possible to keep the Enter from 'Sending' to playlist, is it perchance possible to have the playback queue protected?

Loss of playlist can be recovered as mentioned by Robertina and tpijag, but still playback will immediately switch to whatever is Enter-ed.

Reply #31
Loss of playlist can be recovered as mentioned by Robertina and tpijag, but still playback will immediately switch to whatever is Enter-ed.
There was an enqueue option - not there anymore ?

Anyway what is the status of this enhancement - it is still needed :
Enqueue and Play (this thread)
Enqueue and Not Play (Porcus)
Play (default)

on enter...
Win7 Pro - latest stable foobar

Reply #32
--- 3 years later ---

Feature request:

When double-clicking or hitting "enter" on a given file , enqueue in default playlist *and* play this track immediately.  I also rely on this coming from other players and am surprised this is not an option! 

Possible context menu solution is not ideal as it requires additional clicks or does not work easily with many keyboards.

Thanks for any info :)

see also:

new thread from 2012:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=96347

wiki on shell integration:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti..._default_action

Reply #33
I must say it works fine here with the latest fb2k. I use this for a specialized fb2k instance just for www streaming. In Opera, this is my command line for m3u, asf etc.:

Code: [Select]
"[..]\foobar2000.exe" /add /immediate "%s" /play
[ ] Send URL directly to application

Cursor follows playback and vice versa are checked in fb2k.

Reply #34
As many other users have already mentioned, foobar2000 definetely needs to have an option for Enqueue and Play to be set as default action and Enqueue and Play context menu entry. These options could be set in File - Preferences - Shell Integration window.

Having an option to set context menu looking like this, would be awesome:

Re: How to Enqueue and Play aka Send to Playlist and Play?

Reply #35
bump. 6 years past and still no option to equeue and play by double click file from windows explorer.