Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there a plugin for streaming online radio? (Read 895 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there a plugin for streaming online radio?

I'm trying the usual way of playing streaming audio of copying and pasting the URL into 'File>Add Location' and
I can get it to work for *.m3u8 and online 'File>Internet Radio' FLAC streaming, but not for other formats.  I'm using Foobar2000 V2.0.
Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated

Re: Is there a plugin for streaming online radio?

Reply #1
First off, you should try the latest 2.1 Preview, it adds support for more uncommon stream types; do a portable install and keep it seperate from 2.0 (try "View > Internet Radio")

In 2.0, you can try the ffmpeg wrapper component:
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_ffmpeg
(check documentation)

Reply #2
Uh, sure. What happens if you load this playlist?

Reply #3
I get 111 streams, they "all" seem to play fine. I only use simple tabbed playlists, no artwork or anything else.
foobar2000 v2.1 preview 2023-10-30 64-bit

Reply #4
I get 111 streams, they "all" seem to play fine. I only use simple tabbed playlists, no artwork or anything else.

Well most of the streams in the URL are either MP3/AAC (some hi-def FLAC) as you can see in my screenshot. So if you can play them I guess that means you can play streams with other formats than FLAC.

Reply #5
Yes, but there are the odd streams here and there that use uncommon protocol and codec combinations that earlier versions of foobar2000 didn't support, or even other audio players.

Reply #6
Yes, but there are the odd streams here and there that use uncommon protocol and codec combinations that earlier versions of foobar2000 didn't support, or even other audio players.

So? What's your point?

Reply #7
I was answering the original post:
"I can get it to work for *.m3u8 and online 'File>Internet Radio' FLAC streaming, but not for other formats."

Reply #8
I was answering the original post:
"I can get it to work for *.m3u8 and online 'File>Internet Radio' FLAC streaming, but not for other formats."

And that's why I sent a playlist with a lot of different stream formats ranging from plain mp3/aac to FLAC 192/24.
So maybe it would be wise to wait to find out if Sam1980 can play the streams in my playlist.

Reply #9
Defender, your playlist works on my main laptop running 2.0. Its not choking on anything on your playlist.  I downloaded V2.1 on my other laptop. I'll give it a try tomorrow to see