Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to extract chain ogg file (Read 9256 times) previous topic - next topic

How to extract chain ogg file

Reply #1
Hey, that's a good question! I'm believe there is no tool for directly cutting ogg into small oggs. I mean, there is no tool, that would search for specified silence gaps and automatically cut in that place. But does anyone know of such tool for wavs? There must be. Standalone or like DX plugin, so you could just input the whole album and it would cut it to songs.

Reply #2
The oggdec and oggdropXPd at Rarewares will both decode a chained ogg file to separate wave files, but they don't split the chain into separate ogg files.

Reply #3
Thanks.
It is necessary to decode to wav in order to extract ogg chainfile into each track.
So It is better archive zip file then play by foobar.

Reply #5
I want to extract chain ogg file.
Please tell me how can I extract chain ogg file to each song.

Check out http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis-dev/20...00308/0004.html, but you might need to compile it yourself. Unless the awesome people that run RareWares are watching, that is.

Well, I downloaded and finally managed to get a clean MSVC compile. However, there is some sort of problem in that if I create a chained file using the usual:-
copy /b a.ogg+b.ogg c.ogg, for example and then run c.ogg against oggsplit, I simply get an error message. But if I run the file through oggdropXPd and decode to wav, I get the expected result. Any ideas? Have you tried it yourself?

Reply #6
Have you tried the more recent OggSplit 0.1.0?
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #7
Have you tried the more recent OggSplit 0.1.0?

Yes, I have!  Even with the slightly later patch.

Reply #8
Any ideas? Have you tried it yourself?

No, I haven't tried it myself. Maybe it's time to download MinGW so I can look at these things when I'm at home, too...

The first thing that comes to mind is that fopen() needs "rb" and "wb" on DOS successors, rather than simply "r" and "w".

Hmmm. I'll go install MinGW now, and see if I can make any headway.

Reply #9
The first thing that comes to mind is that fopen() needs "rb" and "wb" on DOS successors, rather than simply "r" and "w".

Yeah, that seems to be it. At least, OggSplit 0.1.0 with the extra patch from later on in the thread, changing "r" to "rb" and "w" to "wb", compiled with MinGW, and run with the -c flag, successfully split the one test file I just created with copy /b. Confirmed identical to the original files with diff.

Reply #10

Yeah, that seems to be it. At least, OggSplit 0.1.0 with the extra patch from later on in the thread, changing "r" to "rb" and "w" to "wb", compiled with MinGW, and run with the -c flag, successfully split the one test file I just created with copy /b. Confirmed identical to the original files with diff.

Doh!!!  Braindead, again!!  Recompiled and tested OK. I'll upload to Rarewares in the next few minutes. Thanks Peter.

Edit: Available now.

Reply #11
Thanks John & Peter

I have a 140mb chained ogg with 50 streams inside..  when I actually have enough room (140mb free) to split it into individual files I'll give this tool a bash
< w o g o n e . c o m / l o l >

Re: How to extract chain ogg file

Reply #12
@john33, there is a missing file (error 404) on Rarewares.

oggsplit v0.1.0
2003-11-20
Utility to unchain and ungroup ogg files by Philip Jagenstedt.
Download (28kB)
• Join our efforts to make Helix MP3 encoder great again
• Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is an aberration from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Let's pray that D. Bryant improve WavPack hybrid, C. Helmrich update FSLAC, M. van Beurden teach FLAC to handle non-audio data

Re: How to extract chain ogg file

Reply #13
Thanks for the notification. Corrected now.