Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: bookmarking position in audiobooks/podcasts (Read 3480 times) previous topic - next topic

bookmarking position in audiobooks/podcasts

Hello, I tried a short search of the forums but nothing turned up.
Would it be possible to add a bookmark feature to foobar2000?
I would like a button along with the Play/Pause/etc. buttons to click that saves the current position I am at and have a bookmark icon be displayed in the playlist next to the file much like the pause icon is displayed now. whenever i would "play" that file it would jump right to the bookmarked position and continue from there. clicking the bookmark button now would unbookmark the current position, clicking it again would bookmark the new position. clicking the play button would start the file from the beginning as usual.

Often I find myself doing something different after listening to a podcast for an hour. Eventually I want to use foobar2k again to play some music but that makes me lose the position and having to find it everytime with the position bar is a minor nuisance.

I think this would add a lot to foobar and fit into it's minimal interface nicely.

Thank you for reading this.

bookmarking position in audiobooks/podcasts

Reply #2
Something like this is already possible with playlist attributes plugin.
It can remember playback position per playlist. You can therefore listen to a book in one playlist and play music in another.