Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 2.0 Convert FLAC to AAC lose track numbers (Read 991 times) previous topic - next topic

2.0 Convert FLAC to AAC lose track numbers

Hello
on foobar2000 2.0 , with Free Encoder Pack 2023-04-30, I convert FLAC to Apple Lossless
in some cases, the converted files lose the track number.
It happens when Track Number appear in Foobar2000 as 1/, 2/, 3/ (, is a separator and not appear) etc.  it works well when track number appear as   1/1.1/, 1/1.2/, 1/1.3  etc.
Disc value is null in both case, but Part of the disc is null in the first case and with the Disc number in the second.

Re: 2.0 Convert FLAC to AAC lose track numbers

Reply #1
I was still looking and found another case of track number not converted.
source was by example 1/19 where 1 os the track number and 19 the number of tracks on disc. After convert, it is at Null.

Reply #2
Can't really replicate your issue. Also are you dealing with AAC as your title says, or ALAC as your post says?

Note that your FLAC files shouldn't have track numbers written that way. There's a separate tag field for total tracks.

Reply #3
Although they shouldn't: tags like that sometimes show up. dBpoweramp would/could do it once upon a time when I started ripping my CDs.

Reply #4
I ripped my CDs with Winamps in 2009, once upon a time ...
80% of CD are working but other lose the track number on converstions
I have found another case, where Disc number is 1/1 instead of just 1.
Other cause, but same result, no track number after convert.
I think I will have to go on a Mass sanitize on Discnumber and Part of set. 

Reply #5
You could provide a sample track for examination. And also tell exact settings you use to convert with.

Disc number "1/1" converted to Apple (AAC) or Apple Lossless codec does not prevent track numbers from getting copied.
I can even type "potato" as a track number in FLAC and it gets happily copied over to both formats you have mentioned.

Reply #6
i have found a way to solve it: importing the folder, going to properties, TOOLS, "auto track numbers"  and then convert  in applelossless (with name format %genre%/%album%/%track number% - %title% )

example

Gerry Mulligan Quartet & Chet Baker - [The Ultimate Jazz Archive 29 (Disc 4) CD2/4 #01] Freeway

Audio sample was over 30 seconds. Removed. Added image of properties

Reply #7
%tracknumber%
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Titleformat_Reference#.25tracknumber.25

or
Track Number: 1
Disc Number:2
Total Discs4
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #8
when converting to name format %genre%/%album%/%tracknumber% - %title%, it gives a file : 1- - Freeway.m4a without a track number property set.
after  "Tools-auto number" it gives file :  1 - Freeway.m4a with a track number set.
Track number is simply 1 then, instead of 1/ , and Total track is 14 where it was not set.