Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_projectM (Read 28656 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_projectM

Hi guys!

Just ported projectM visualizer (aka Winamp MilkDrop) to foobar2000 visualization.

How to use?
  • Turn on "Edit layout" mode (View->Layout->Enable layout editing mode).
  • Right-click on some foobar2000 area, then select "Replace UI element..."
  • Select "projectM" from "Playback Visualization" section.
  • Turn off "Edit layout" mode (View->Layout->Enable layout editing mode).

Re: foo_vis_projectM

Reply #1
Installed and working, seems stable, looks great, thanks, good job. Right click changes to the next visualisation but I couldn't find any settings / parameters / options.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #3
Nice work! It would be glad to see Columns UI support for inserting the panel in layout.

Reply #4
Nice work! It would be glad to see Columns UI support for inserting the panel in layout.
It may be inserted in any place in the layout.
Read first post in topic)

Reply #6
And what do i need to do for this?
I've found this request.

Reply #7
Great idea for a component, thanks for making it. Unfortunately, foobar2000 crashed for me as soon as I ran it. I've attached crashdumps to my post.

I found a Windows binary for projectM sometime last year that never worked for me either. I fear it may be my antiquated graphics hardware that is the cause (onboard Intel HD, circa 2012 if that helps.) Milkdrop runs happily in Shpeck, though I appreciate they're not entirely the same thing. I would prefer to use this if at all possible though...

Reply #8
There should be some crash reports from me in the database, too. I really like your efforts. Would be nice if you could make the shortcuts work, too. Thanks for your work!

Reply #10
There should be some crash reports from me in the database, too. I really like your efforts. Would be nice if you could make the shortcuts work, too. Thanks for your work!
Thanks for feedback! Is it ok for you to try to test official version from steam too?

Reply #11
Installed the Steam standalone version, went ok. Toggles to fullscreen but not back to a window? Toggles to both displays, but not back again, does go to single screen with ctrl-f? Menu text doesn't scale down in window view. Everything else seems functional, thanks again.

Reply #12
I hope the report by 2tec is sufficient as I don't have steam installed.

Reply #13
And what do i need to do for this?
I've found this request.
When you develop panel for Default UI you probably inherit ui_element_instance class from foobar2000 SDK.
When you develop panel for Columns UI you inherit uie::container_ui_extension (window_helper.h) or so from its own SDK
All panels that works both in DUI and CUI implement both of that interfaces

Reply #14
I hope the report by 2tec is sufficient as I don't have steam installed.
No) I mean test crashes on your hardware with official projectM version.
There is not only steam version.
I only develop plugin for foobar2000.
2tec do you have crashes?

Reply #15
Ok.
Is there a reason why CUI is unable to insert DUI elements?
And why i need to integrate one more SDK.
I think we all need to like this post.

Reply #16
No, seems stable on my Win10 system

Reply #17
Ok.
Is there a reason why CUI is unable to insert DUI elements?
And why i need to integrate one more SDK.
I think we all need to like this post.
No, that's not the point. The fact is that almost all the "DUI only panels" are developed by the author of the foobar2000 and have a closed source code, so they cannot be modified by anyone else to support the CUI. But almost all panels developed by third-party developers that I have come across personally support both interfaces. Simply by deciding not to include support for CUI in your component, you thereby deprive a very large part of the player's audience of the opportunity to use a modern visualizer.

Reply #18
Simply by deciding not to include support for CUI in your component, you thereby deprive a very large part of the player's audience of the opportunity to use a modern visualizer.
BTW, do you have projectM in foobar2000 menu -> View -> Visualizations ?

Reply #19
Simply by deciding not to include support for CUI in your component, you thereby deprive a very large part of the player's audience of the opportunity to use a modern visualizer.
BTW, do you have projectM in foobar2000 menu -> View -> Visualizations ?
Yes. But it opens like a separate window. CUI support is required precisely for embedding the panel into the foobar2000 window for layout editing.

Reply #20
Development has to start somewhere. Something is better than nothing.

Reply #21
Development has to start somewhere. Something is better than nothing.
I totally agree. it's just a suggestion for the future. Moreover, at the very beginning of development, it is possible to expand the audience for everyday testing.

Reply #22
Milkdrop runs happily in Shpeck, though I appreciate they're not entirely the same thing. I would prefer to use this if at all possible though...
Could you try to launch official projectM version from steam on this hardware?

I didn't realise there had been a more formal release of project M on Windows, that's good to see. Alas, it behaves exactly the same way as the other standalone binary I had; a window opens for half a second and immediately exits. No error message is displayed, so I'm left completely in the dark. At least this should be reassuring that your component is probably not responsible, though if you (or anyone) has any pointers for me I'd greatly appreciate it. (most likely pointer: buy a graphics card)

I realise it may not be ideal for your purposes, but you could create a custom button and put that somewhere in your interface, since that way it still opens in DUI.

Reply #23
the Stream app full screen toggle is working, it was just me or my settings