Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need to mix the playlist randomly after playing the last track! (Read 4603 times) previous topic - next topic

Need to mix the playlist randomly after playing the last track!

Hello! I'm a home auditionist... I need to mix the playlist randomly after playing the last track and to start the playback after stirring starts from the top in non-stop mode. With a plugin or in the foobar2000 itself.

Re: Need to mix the playlist randomly after playing the last track!

Reply #1
I can't help you with your question but I'm curious what an auditionist is as google seem to not give any relevant meaningful result? Is it the same as audiophile?

Reply #2
I can't help you with your question but I'm curious what an auditionist is as google seem to not give any relevant meaningful result? Is it the same as audiophile?

I just meant that I like to listen to music from my home computer :)

Reply #3

I just meant that I like to listen to music from my home computer :)

Try my setup https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=119323.0

Reply #6
Two dll - foo_removeplayed + foo_scheduler
Remove anything is not necessary... Using multiple playlists is - not variant.

Reply #8
Need  shuffle (mix) playlist... What exactly is not understand in the first message?

Reply #9
Need  shuffle (mix) playlist... What exactly is not understand in the first message?
Need configure foo_scheduler. I'll send you today screenshot.

Reply #10
Need configure foo_scheduler. I'll send you today screenshot.
I already answered. Using multiple playlists won't suit me. Need realisation shuffle tracks for one playlist...

Reply #11
Hello! I'm a home auditionist...

Shuffling randomly does not make it more random and does not achieve what you notionally want, you need to find a more structured way to think about how you would like to have the songs presented to you.

You need to think in terms of what you don't want to happen, like f.e. not the same number within the next (parameter) number of songs, but you probably implicitly have more 'rules' like that, you need to make them explicit.

Now it has become a programmable problem, and with a generate-test-reject idiom one can now generate a list that satisfies any criterium you can think of to model your 'random' stream, your dream-stream.
stop watching us

Reply #12
Hi eskapandr,

Shuffle (tracks) is a repeat mode. That means there is no "end of playlist" to trigger an automatic reshuffle. (Note you can manually reshuffle with [hold shift key] > Playback > Reshuffle)

Instead, you need to have Playback > Order menu on 'Default' and randomize the playlist. This can be automatic with the help of some components -

1) Install foo_run_main and foo_scheduler.

2) In Preferences > Scheduler, add an Action: "Randomize playlist" and right-click it to add the following actions -

- Launch application: foobar2000.exe /run_main:Edit/Sort/Randomize
 - Delay: 2 seconds
 - Start playback: from track #1

(You might need the full path to the .exe)

3) Add an Event: "On playback stop / end-of-file signal" and right-click it to Assign action > "Randomize playlist".

Again make sure Playback > Order > Default is on. When it gets to the end of the playlist it should randomize and restart playing.

Cheers

Reply #13
Hi anamorphic. Thank You (and Andrew Smolko with Marc2003...). ...What is need.

Reply #14
Hi. I will add, with this method "stop after current" does not work correctly, possibly, due to the lack of an event reason "end-of-files signal". :(