Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel) (Read 348178 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Spider Monkey Panel (foo_spider_monkey_panel)

Reply #1000
Back by unpopular demand is my ye olde sox spectrogram seekbar from the WSH panel mod days.

You'll need sox and ffmpeg extracted to a folder named sox inside your profile folder (or edit the paths in the script)

Limitations:
since the script passes the filename to ffmpeg for decoding, your input components are irrelevant
it only works on local files with a known length
cue sheets/files with chapters are not supported

Reply #1001
I forgot to mention that FontAwesome is required.

https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/blob/fa-4/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf?raw=true

I also forgot to make it clear the image when playback stops. I've attached a fixed version.

Reply #1002
I really am a bumbling buffoon. The menu option to clear images was broken because I used a function that doesn't exist in SMP. That's now fixed.

Reply #1003
@TT @wcs13 @MordredKLB I've made some changes that should fix the `freeze on exit` issue (once dev build is finished building).

@MordredKLB Note that this build includes the rollback of timer changes.

Reply #1004
@TT @wcs13 @MordredKLB I've made some changes that should fix the `freeze on exit` issue (once dev build is finished building).

@MordredKLB Note that this build includes the rollback of timer changes.

Thank you, my theme is still using the stable v.1.4.1. Will try it out!

Reply #1005
Back by unpopular demand is my ye olde sox spectrogram seekbar from the WSH panel mod days.

You'll need sox and ffmpeg extracted to a folder named sox inside your profile folder (or edit the paths in the script)

Limitations:
since the script passes the filename to ffmpeg for decoding, your input components are irrelevant
it only works on local files with a known length
cue sheets/files with chapters are not supported
Do you mind if I add it to complete samples in smp_2003 repo?

Reply #1007
Do you mind if I add it to complete samples in smp_2003 repo?

Go for it. It's not like there have been restrictions on anything I've posted before. It's horrible code though!

BTW, I noticed that when using utils.ColourPicker, you don't pass the default_colour on to uChooseColor internally. It should do this so the user can actually edit the default colour instead of starting with black every time. My original always did this.

https://github.com/marc2k3/foo_jscript_panel/blob/a96ffd1625caa1b1aa825fc0dd66ff52072a654b/src/ScriptInterface/Utils.cpp#L50L51

Reply #1008
Thanks for the spectrogram seekbar script @snotlicker . That WSH panel script for spectrogram seekbar was hard to find. Definitely it should be added together with the other SMP scripts

Reply #1009
There have been at least 2 reports of relative paths not working and crashing even if the files are there with latest dev release and previous ones.
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=120979.msg1000890#msg1000890
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=121277.msg1000545#msg1000545

The same files work fine on different systems on my side.

Reply #1010
Another report about relative paths not working, crashing ( windows 10, foobar 1.6.6, SMP 1.5.1 and the latest dev released)

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.5.2-dev+327ba5dc ({311F3B08-764E-4315-8AB1-BF3F99B97668})
include failed:
Path does not point to a valid file: helpers\buttons_xxx.js

File: <main>
Line: 35, Column: 2
Stack trace:
  @:35:2

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.5.1 (Playlist Manager: Playlist Manager v0.2 by XXX)
include failed:
Path does not point to a valid file: helpers\helpers_xxx.js

Line: 27, Column: 1
Stack trace:
  @:27:1

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.5.2-dev+327ba5dc (Playlist Manager: Playlist Manager v0.2 by XXX)
include failed:

Stack trace:

Another problem, although I don't know if I should post here or to WiLB's page (it seems that only Library Tree, Biography, Find & Play scripts were affected, every time, other SMP scripts are ok)  After every unexpected shutdown caused by the interruption of electricity I have to reinstall those scripts, packages are corrupted, the settings are lost. Luckily I had those settings saved somewhere. This didn't happen before

Reply #1011
There have been at least 2 reports of relative paths not working and crashing even if the files are there with latest dev release and previous ones.
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=120979.msg1000890#msg1000890
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=121277.msg1000545#msg1000545

The same files work fine on different systems on my side.
And another one
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=120979.msg1000966#msg1000966

Reply #1012
If there is a folder with a Russian name on the way, then the panel crashes.

Reply #1015
@regor @kutuzof I've made some changes that should fix your issue with script paths (once dev build is finished building).

Reply #1016
Regarding issues with packages when unexpected shutdowns occur, e.g. through power failures. I have also reproduced the corruption of package.json that occurs in this scenario. Does package.json have to be saved on foobar2000 shutdown, since package.json seems to get saved when changes are made on the package tab anyway? Or can some other fix be implemented?

Reply #1017
Hi everyone, I'm hoping for help resolving script crashes with my foobar install. Basically, all of my SMP panels crash on startup. All of my panels show a variation of this error:

Code: [Select]
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.5.1 ({1AE4C679-53B4-412C-A541-F94EE8BE216F}: Album Art by marc2003)
include failed:
ActiveXObject_Constructor failed:
Invalid CLSID: htmlfile

File: helpers.js
Line: 586, Column: 11
Stack trace:
  @helpers.js:586:11
  @album art.js:5:1

Now, because of the "htmlfile" part, I'm 99% sure I caused this problem when I was attempting to set a different program to be my system's default PDF reader. For whatever reason, PDFs and HTML files seem to be linked on Windows 10 with the Microsoft Edge browser being the default reader, so I must have screwed something up trying to change that. Naturally, I've reset all file associations to Windows defaults, but that hasn't helped.

I've also tried going into my other portable foobar installation and creating new panels with SMP and Jscript samples from those respective components—these also crash with the same error messages. Oddly, WilB's Library Tree (JScript version) is still functional on this install.

I'm not really sure what to do here. I've gone into the registry looking at the CLSID list but I'm hesitant to make any changes here, since me messing around is likely what caused this problem in the first place.

Thanks in advance.

Reply #1018

Thanks so much for this!  Been hoping that it would be updatedfor SMP,  Cheers mate!

Reply #1019
Still problems with relative paths, even with the latest dev build (windows 10, foobar 1.6.6) :

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.5.2-dev+b064066b (Playlist Manager: Playlist Manager v0.2 by XXX)
include failed:

Stack trace:

The path to the scripts : G:\foobar2000\profile\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\helpers\helpers_xxx.js

Reply #1020
Version: 1.5.2
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases/tag/v1.5.2
Changelog:
Hotfix for v1.5.0 (see changelog above)
    Changed
    • Rollbacked the fix for timers from v1.5.0, since it was causing fb2k freezes (#135).
    Fixed
    • Fixed unicode handling in script paths.

Reply #1021
I wanted to include more fixes in this release, but
- too many reports of unicode paths not working.
- too many reports of crashes/freezes.
- don't know when I'll actually have time to do additional fixes.

Reply #1022
Regarding issues with packages when unexpected shutdowns occur, e.g. through power failures. I have also reproduced the corruption of package.json that occurs in this scenario. Does package.json have to be saved on foobar2000 shutdown, since package.json seems to get saved when changes are made on the package tab anyway? Or can some other fix be implemented?
As this happened as well on my side where I lost my properties for WilBs packages - would be great if there is a fix for this!
(of course exported now backups of the properties...)

Reply #1023
Hi Qwertiest,
I've made a small change to Br3tt's JS Smooth Browser so that the labels don't mess with the art when in grid mode.
First I thought of just removing these (by setting to 0 default_botGridHeight and default_botTextRowHeight in lines 58 and 60 in the current jssb.js) but then I tried to keep the nice code you have maintained, along with marc2003, so I've got the labels to show individually only when pointing to each album – here's my jssb.js with the changes commented:

X

By the way, perhaps for my four gigs ram, I needed to rise the threshold for warnings, in the advance preferences.

Also, I still don't know how to enable the caching of all thumb images (as Facets does) so that they don't get strenuously rendered each time I scroll around.

I know there are other solutions for a grid without labels but I like the consistency of JSSB's grid, which is perfectly fit tight together and adjusted to the available panel width, and how it always starts with an aligned first visible row.