Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Squeezeserver--> Album (Disk 1 from 2 ) (Read 2775 times) previous topic - next topic

Squeezeserver--> Album (Disk 1 from 2 )

Hello all,
I rip with DBpoweramp and use Tag&Rename for tagging but now and than something goes strange.

I am running squeezeserver and for some disk it says : Albumname (Disk 1 from 2).
But there is only 1 disk, and for some reason i cannot manage to get the (Disk 1 from 2) away, i tried everything.

does anybody has had some experience with this or have a tip for me how to deal with this?

Thanks, much appreciated.

Reply #1
I recently came across a disc that was reported as disc 7 of 10, even though what I bought was a single disc. Apparently it is sometimes included as part of a collection, and others had entered the info as such.

Reply #2
Yeah. I get that a lot too. Especially with Classical Music. As mentioned by pdq, its usually because the cd, or most probably the actual song files from the cd are used in other compilation albums, and so I assume they don't bother changing the info.

Reply #3
This often happens, particularly in classical music, where an original CD (say of one of the Mozart Piano Concertos) is repackaged in a "Complete Boxed Set of Concertos". Same CD pressing and master but different packaging.

(And then there is Gracenote - an appalling catastrophe in Classical Music Metadata)

You may change this tagging in mp3Tag or even iTunes quite simply. Change the meta data to read disk 1 of 1

Reply #4
okay, but i thought you can change alle the info with taggingsoftware.
But for some reason Tag&Rename does not show this information anywhere.
Maybe an other program wich handels this better, MP3Tag??

Reply #5
Ah MP3Tag, okay thanks, will give it a try.

Reply #6
This often happens, particularly in classical music, where an original CD (say of one of the Mozart Piano Concertos) is repackaged in a "Complete Boxed Set of Concertos". Same CD pressing and master but different packaging.

(And then there is Gracenote - an appalling catastrophe in Classical Music Metadata)

You may change this tagging in mp3Tag or even iTunes quite simply. Change the meta data to read disk 1 of 1

Perfect, works like a charme.
Thanks a lot

Reply #8
Agree with KFAL. Always better to get it right as you rip rather than repair it later, but it is nice to know that a mistake can be corrected.