Skip to main content

Topic: foo_input_zxtune (Read 3461 times) previous topic - next topic

• djdron
  • [*]
  • Developer
foo_input_zxtune
Allows you to play various ZX Spectrum, Amiga, PC, Atari, Acorn chip / digital / fm tunes.

Download version 0.0.6 based on r3750 (dec 06 2016) here: foo_input_zxtune.fb2k-component

Changelog:
    Preferences page with handled formats added
    Samples for DAC-based modules are copied from input data instead of sharing
    Added support of HivelyTracker (HVL)
    Moved to C++11
    Improved support of SNA128 snapshots
    Improved support of DST tracks
    Fixed multitrack SAP files processing
    Improved okim6295 support for VGM
    Fixed some crashes in MsPack decoder
    Speedup applications initialization
    Improved support of KSSX files with single track (BB#59)
    Fixed crashes while KSS seeking
    Improved AY format detection
    Use mono channels layout for AHX playback
    Added KSS format support
    Decreased size of binaries and packages
    Fixed playback of some HES files
    Fixed playback of arpeggio effect in tf0/tfe formats playback
    Support additional module strings retrieval (e.g. samples/instruments names)

Project home page
Fork with foobar2000 plugin source code (full changelog)

ZX Tunes archive, Latest ZX Spectrum music
ModLand
High Voltage SID Collection
  • Last Edit: 22 March, 2017, 06:59:19 AM by djdron

• EpicForever
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
foo_input_zxtune
Reply #1
Hi djdron.
Above list does not contain information about Super Nintendo's .SPC files.
And these files has lead me here. I would like to ask you for some bothersome work. Something that is included in foo_gep. A config page, with lots of checkboxes, next to certain files extensions, which allows to disable or enable support of certain formats in your plugin. This is a must - in my opinion - for all non exclusive formats present in your plugin (.SPC, .VTX and .YM are those which I am aware of). Why?
Since very long time I use foo_gep on a daily basis for several formats:
AY, SPC, GBS, VGM, NSF. It also supports HES, SAP, KSS, SFM, GYM, SGC. In "Playback/Input" section it has its entrance with config options - selection of formats, some format specific functionalities / DSP tweaks.
Not so long time ago there was another SPC-able plugin published - foo_snesapu. I wanted to use it and check how this differ from the other ones. And after several tests it turned out that it doesn't make any change. Now I know why - because whenever I disabled foo_GEP, then foo_zxtune took over playback of SPC... Foobar itself doesn't have any logic for controlling which plugin opens certain format if it is supported by more than one. So it is random which plugin is used... In this case I have to remove/disable whole foo_zxtune just to test foo_snesapu, which is kind inconvenient for me. Also I got impression (but I may be wrong here), that waveform seekbar (foo_wave_seekbar) not necessarily uses the same SPC plugin as main audio output.
That's why there should be an option to choose which formats supported by foo_zxtune are currently enabled - to allow general use of this plugin while prevent from strange interferences with other useful plugins.

• djdron
  • [*]
  • Developer
foo_input_zxtune
Reply #2
Hi, EpicForever!

Just uploaded plugin based on latest ZXTune version.
It includes Game Emu Player and supports almost all formats (look at fist post in topic for download).

I'm thinking of preferences page implementation.
After GEP including in ZXTune do you really need disabling supported formats option?

• EpicForever
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
foo_input_zxtune
Reply #3
Yes, as for example for SPC files I like SNESAPU more than other plugs... it is always good to allow users to choose if there are overlapping capabilities between various plugins. There is no much sense in making big preferences page that will allow to enable/disable every possible format, but for those overlapping - definitely is something useful.

• Nahkranoth
  • [*][*]
Re: foo_input_zxtune
Reply #4
My apologies for digging up the old thread, but I'd like to vote for the preferences page. For example I like how foo_dumb handles modules, it allows to see all the things module authors usually write instead of the instruments/samples names. Or maybe someone like foo_openmpt as their default player. Just a little freedom, you know  ;)

• djdron
  • [*]
  • Developer
Reply #5
Version 0.0.6 with latest bugfixes/features released.
Preferences page added with ability to enable/disable handled formats.

• Nahkranoth
  • [*][*]
Reply #6
Version 0.0.6 with latest bugfixes/features released.
Preferences page added with ability to enable/disable handled formats.
Thanks a bunch!
Everything works as intended so far.

• djdron
  • [*]
  • Developer
Reply #7
Version 0.0.7 is hosted on fb2k components site.
Functionality is same as 0.0.6, but supported formats in preferences page slightly re-arranged.