Skip to main content

Topic: foo_run 0.3.7 (Read 454815 times) previous topic - next topic

• davideleo
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: foo_run 0.3.7
Reply #550
There is sort of guide to writing the codes? I want to use rateyourmusic to search for artist and albums but I do not understand all the code writing.

Just write the url of the web page, run service will open it with your default browser. Use titleformatting to replace the dynamic part of the url with the metadata content.
This, for example, is a script I use to open the rateyourmusic release page
Code: [Select]
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/$replace($if2($lower(%release type%),album),lp,album,remix,djmix,compilation,comp)/$replace($lower($replace($meta_sep(album artist,_),/,_,*,_)/$replace(%album%,/,_,>,)),'',, ,_,&,and,!,_,?,_,...,_,.,_,',',_,-,_,'(',_,')',_,:,,°,_,ã,a,é,e,ê,e,ö,o,ó,o,ü,u,я,r,)

Actually I didn't really grasp the logic of rateyourmusic urls, this is what I came up with after a trial-and-error period, but it doesn't always work. Maybe someone has a better suggestion. Of course the script relies on specific metadata information, such as the release type, which not everybody cares of, but it is a dynamic part of the rateyourmusic release page url.
I'm late

• jazzthieve
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #551
To add to davidleo's answer, I'm using foo_run to go directly to the artist or album page. It works about 80% of the time.

This is for artist
https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/$lower($replace(%artist%,!,_,.,_,$char(32),_,&,and,é,e,à,a,è,e,á,a,$char(40),_,$char(41),_,-,_,$char(39),))

for album:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/$lower($replace(%artist%,!,_,.,_,$char(32),_,&,and,é,e,à,a,è,e,á,a,$char(40),_,$char(41),_,-,_,$char(39),))/$lower($replace(%album%,!,_,.,_,$char(32),_,&,and,é,e,à,a,è,e,á,a,$char(40),_,$char(41),_,-,_,$char(39),))

• tipar
  • [*][*]
Reply #552
File not found both, ty anyways. I guess is a lost battle when I come to writing code.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

• tipar
  • [*][*]
Reply #553
I have found that with the component foo_openurl you actually can open the embedded URL of an album or another link in the browser. This is what I wanted to do in the first place so is a sort of workaround perfect for me because I copy the URL of the releases and paste it on the MP3.

In order to work you need to add URL as a field and not a customized one.

• davideleo
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #554
I have found that with the component foo_openurl you actually can open the embedded URL of an album or another link in the browser. This is what I wanted to do in the first place so is a sort of workaround perfect for me because I copy the URL of the releases and paste it on the MP3.

In order to work you need to add URL as a field and not a customized one.

If you have a URL tag, you can still use foo_run: just write the tag name in percent signs and it will work exactly like foo_openurl

File not found both, ty anyways. I guess is a lost battle when I come to writing code.

I don't think copying and pasting code should be a problem. I believe the "bug" is rather in the metadata. My code, for example, cannot work if you don't have a %release type% tag or if your %artist% tag is not multivalue. Code must be adapted to your own way of tagging. What you could do is check the actual url of the rateyourmusic page, and compare it with the one generated by the run_service command. This is how I put the code together, failure after failure.
I'm late

• tipar
  • [*][*]
Reply #555
And is it possible to run a software too?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MixMeister BPM Analyzer\BpmAnalyzer.exe"

This is the code of the program but when I right click on the file the program does not run.

• davideleo
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #556
And is it possible to run a software too?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MixMeister BPM Analyzer\BpmAnalyzer.exe"

This is the code of the program but when I right click on the file the program does not run.

You need to add the file path :
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MixMeister BPM Analyzer\BpmAnalyzer.exe" "%path%"
I'm late