Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Stop after queue component used to be great (Read 3105 times) previous topic - next topic

Stop after queue component used to be great

I don't know how but stop after queue component used to be great before. It was like playlist inside playlist for me. When I wanted to listen just a couple of songs from my playlist without changing it, this was perfect.

Things that don't work like before:
- when the song plays and I activate stop after current but change my mind later and add one more song stop after current would automatically be deactivated and it would activate itself when song I added starts playing
- when second to last song from queue plays and I decide I don't want to hear the last one and remove it from queue stop after current would automatically activate itself

Re: Stop after queue component used to be great

Reply #1
I just released a new version that hopefully helps with your displeasure.

Reply #2
Thank you! I'll try it.

Reply #3
It's great now but there's just one thing it needs to be perfect if it's not too much to ask for.
When I play one song from my playlist, turn on stop after current and then decide to add another one later but change my mind and remove added song stop after current should automatically be turned on again.
BTW is there any instructions how to program simple things like this for foobar? I would like to know.

Reply #4
I thought the component should restore the state properly too but laziness prevented from adding it to the previous version. Things should work as expected with the fresh 0.5 version.

The SDK includes samples for basic components. Also foosion has component tutorial on his site.

Reply #5
Thank you very much! Now it works perfectly again.
I'll check SDK and foosion.

Reply #6
I hate to bring up the bad news but there's still one more bug.
When I play song, turn on stop after current, add song to queue and I listen to both songs stop after current stays turned on.

Reply #7
Stop after current or Stop after queue? Anyway, try this:
Preferences > Advanced > Playback > Tick "Reset Stop After Queue when stopping".
| QAAC ~ 192 kbps |

Reply #8
This is always turned on (ticked) for me so stop after current should be turned off once it stops playback.
Only in case when it's turned off stop after queue should do what it does now in this situation (I wrote in previous post).

Reply #9
Well... I've tried and tried and can't reproduce your issue, the component is working flawlessly using the latest version (0.5)...
| QAAC ~ 192 kbps |

Reply #10
Play a song, turn on stop after current, add a song to queue. Now when you listen to both songs to the end stop after current is still on and if you play another song it will stop playback after this one instead of continuing like it should, unless you turn stop after current off but it should be automatically turned off once it has stopped playback.

Reply #11
It does it intentionally. I store user-set "Stop after current" state and restore it when this component has performed its actions.

Reply #12
OK then. Can I modify your version of this component and make my own version?
What do I need for that?

Reply #13
You were right. It was buggy behavior. Adjusted for 0.6. Now Stop after current will turn off unless the core option to not reset the stop after current setting is disabled.

Reply #14
It's good now!
I turned off reset the stop after current setting just to try this version of component and noticed that now after playing songs added to queue stop after current stays on even if it was not turned on before playback or during it. Didn't expect that but I guess if you are adding songs to queue having reset the stop after current setting off you want to continue listening that way (stopping after each song unless you added some to queue), but since my setting is always turned on it doesn't really matter to me.

Reply #15
Surprising amount of tuning required for such a simple task. New 0.7 version should handle all cases optimally.

Reply #16
Yeah. There were many possibilities but I think we finally have a great plugin which does exactly what it's supposed to do no matter what.
I hope that future versions of foobar won't affect it (I think that happened to it before) and I hope I wasn't too annoying with requests.

Reply #17
Does anyone know why the component doesn't work with the popular DarkOne theme?  Something is obviously conflicting.

Reply #18
I hope that future versions of foobar won't affect it (I think that happened to it before) and I hope I wasn't too annoying with requests.
Should be good unless some future version breaks component compatibility. The old version of the component didn't use the "Stop after current" feature but relied on core to inform us when a new track starts. The info came with delay so the stop could happen when the beginning of the next track was already audible.

Fix requests are only good.

Reply #19
Does anyone know why the component doesn't work with the popular DarkOne theme?  Something is obviously conflicting.
The stop after queue functionality is not activated by default, just like "stop after current" isn't active by default. It is a configurable option in the main menu. Since DarkOne doesn't have main menu it probably requires setting a keyboard shortcut to toggle the feature on and off.

Reply #20
Should be good unless some future version breaks component compatibility. The old version of the component didn't use the "Stop after current" feature but relied on core to inform us when a new track starts. The info came with delay so the stop could happen when the beginning of the next track was already audible.

Fix requests are only good.
Yes but version 0.3 used to be good and that used stop after current.

Reply #21
I noticed this plugin doesn't work correctly with current version of foobar anymore.
(when I add song to queue list then remove it stop after current is activated but I didn't activate it before adding song to queue)
Can you please adjust this component so it could work exactly the way it behaved last time you updated it for then current version of foobar?
It was perfect but it looks that new versions of foobar broke some component compatibility.