Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Accurately ripped with different offset" (Read 3358 times) previous topic - next topic

"Accurately ripped with different offset"

The log file from a recent CD rip (using XLD) reads: "Track 01 : OK (v2, confidence 8/105, with different offset) ... Accurately ripped with different offset (v2, confidence 8/105, offset +1207)". The same message appears for every track of the CD. I haven't encountered something like this before. What does it mean?

Reply #1
The log file from a recent CD rip (using XLD) reads: "Track 01 : OK (v2, confidence 8/105, with different offset) ... Accurately ripped with different offset (v2, confidence 8/105, offset +1207)". The same message appears for every track of the CD. I have encountered something like this before. What does it mean?

That means it is a different pressing, and that the two different masterhouses have written it to master with the same audio except everything has moved some bits to the left or right. (This is very common!)

XLD will search for those when it looks for AccurateRip matches.

Reply #2
And in the end, you can relax: it means that all of the actual musical content has been correctly extracted!
... I live by long distance.

Reply #3
Thanks! I was worried for a moment that the rip wasn't accurate.