Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: .Wavs burned in cdrwin sound like static (Read 3275 times) previous topic - next topic

.Wavs burned in cdrwin sound like static

I burned two 30 minute wav files in cdrwin 3.9, and they sound like static on my stereo.

I burned them in the "Record Disc" window by "Load Tracks", left the pregap at zero seconds.

Another cd I burned the exact same way except I set the pregap to two seconds and burned it with cd-text, but it was static as well.

Reply #1
I cannot answer this specific question, but CDRWin is highly outdated imho. I gave up using it aeons ago.
Try burning your audio files with burnatonce or Burrrn. Make sure the audio is 44.1 kHz, 16 bits, stereo.

offtopic: Visiting the Goldenhawk.com site was like a shock to me, virtually unchanged since 6 years ago or so.
Goldenhawk.com january 2001 

Reply #2
I looked into CDRWin, quite possibly six years ago (doesn't time fly when you're having fun).  I downloaded a free version - limited to writing at X1 - to see what it could do and I still have it on a tape somewhere.  It told me that my HP 9150i was incapable of writing a CD extra.  Nero said otherwise and I have the disc to prove it.

I also remember reading lots of comments about CDRWin on the internet, notably warnings about 'bad' versions that wrote unusable disks.  It sounds like yours may be one of them.  Did you get it directly from Goldenhawk or through some third party?

Reply #3
It's not outdated. The last version is 4.0E from April 29, 2007. It's a very good program actually. I've never had any problems using it.
And now about the site... Why should it change if it just works. I like it, the navigation is simple and you can easily find the information you need.

Reply #5
Sounds like an endian problem to me.

I wrote it with a sony crx140e, and ripped it with a hitachi dvd-rom gd-2500 (because it rips faster).

I think I will try burrrn or burnatonce. Cdrwin has been very reliable and comfortable so I never switched. I guess warez can't last 4ever 

offtopic: Visiting the Goldenhawk.com site was like a shock to me, virtually unchanged since 6 years ago or so.
Goldenhawk.com january 2001 

Actually you can go back further, to 1999,
http://web.archive.org/web/19990420104642/...goldenhawk.com/

I remember browsing winamp.lh.net with Lynx on the dialup unix freenet machine at gnofn.org