Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 16x DVD-RAM (Read 2607 times) previous topic - next topic

16x DVD-RAM

Hello!

Does anyone have some information when 16x DVD-RAM media and hardware is going to be available?
I wanted to replace my Plextor PX-712A drive with a unit that also supports DVD-RAM, but the current models only go up to 5x.

Regards,
Sebastian

16x DVD-RAM

Reply #1
...it (RDVDC) expects drives and media to ship sometime before the end of 2005. Indeed, a roadmap provided by the organisation implies we're really looking at early Q1 2006 for volume availability.

Vendors tout DVD-RAM 16x gear @ The Register

16x DVD-RAM

Reply #2
On a similar note, where can you buy 5x media from, i can't find it anywhere, hope the 16x will be more avaliable. I only upgraded my burner last week, if 16x becomes popular, im hoping 5x media will be more popular as well.

Kristian

16x DVD-RAM

Reply #3
On a similar note, where can you buy 5x media from, i can't find it anywhere, hope the 16x will be more avaliable. I only upgraded my burner last week, if 16x becomes popular, im hoping 5x media will be more popular as well.

Kristian
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=349470"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, in Karlsruhe, Germany, you find 5x DVD-RAM media at Saturn, Karstadt, MediaMarkt, MakroMarkt, ARLT, K&M Shop, etc. They're quite popular here.