Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Context Menu - Open OR Enqueue, not both (Read 1946 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Context Menu - Open OR Enqueue, not both

When running 1.4.3 something changed.  I always had in the Windows Desktop explorer both in the folder navigation pane and the file list the two context menu choices - Play or Enqueue, with Play the default.

But now the navigator pane still has both choices, but the file list pane only has Play.  If I change foobar preferences to make Enqueue the default then the file list only has Enqueue, no Play.

I upgraded to 1.4.5 but no change.

Is this a new issue with foobar, or perhaps a Windows update "hidden feature"?  Or have I done something dumb?

I'm running windows 10 1903 with latest updates.

Re: Foobar Context Menu - Open OR Enqueue, not both

Reply #1
OK this is getting weirder.  How can an existing folder have Play and Enqueue context menu options, but a new one not???  Even when they contain exactly the same mp3 files.  Even when the folder properties look to be the same.

I still think this is a Windows update breaking something but could it be Foobar2000's context menu implementation?

Anyone with similar issues?

In the two images I uploaded the Play and Enqueue option should be after "Scan with Windows Defender" in BOTH.

Re: Foobar Context Menu - Open OR Enqueue, not both

Reply #2
The folder context menus are missing for music folders when Windows Media Player is enabled. Its context menus override foobar's ones as they aren't generated with shell extension.