Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for SV4, SV5, SV6 encoders and/or samples (Read 4868 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for SV4, SV5, SV6 encoders and/or samples

Can someone tell me where I can find old MPC encoders? I need to test the structure of files older than SV7. I have one test file each for SV4 and SV5, but none for SV6, and I'd really like to be able to create my own test files so encoders would be ideal. Anyone got some archived somewhere? Win32 binaries would be most useful

edit: How did this end up in Tech-AAC? I guess I misplaced my new thread... apologies, and mods feel free to move it

Reply #1
I have an SV4 encoder at home. Please PM me your e-mail if you are interested (I will only be able to send you this next tuesday)

IIRC, SV6 was never made public (but I'm not sure). And SV5 is, IIRC, SV4 with support to streams bigger than a certain lenght (of course, I won't remember that lenght. Shitty braincells...)

Reply #2
Much appreciated. PM sent.
If you happen to run across an SV5 or SV6 encoder that would be awesome too

Reply #4
I've uploaded it here:
http://rarewares.hydrogenaudio.org/files/sv4.zip

I'll leave it there for anyone interested in such oldie, but I won't mention it at RareWares.

Includes original readme in German

Also, it's damn hard creating streams that decode with the current winamp plugin. It seems IS is enabled by default or something.

Reply #6
No problem, Sebastian

Would anyone there have an SV5 encoder lost somewhere? I would like to host it too.

Maybe some MPC old timer... JohnV? Filburt? Atherean?...

BTW: Thanks a lot for Filburt (Adam), for providing me that SV4 encoder.