Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wavpack APEv2 tags in winamp (Read 3261 times) previous topic - next topic

Wavpack APEv2 tags in winamp

The wavpack winamp plugin seems to have some problems reading "not-so-common" characters in APEv2 tags (don't know about ID3). So far, it was unable to properly display punctuated characters ( ú -> ú; á -> Ãi). The GodFather tags them perfectly, and foobar2000 reads them perfectly, so the problem is not in the tags themselves.
It'd be nice if bryant or someone else could have a look at this.

Thanks

Btw, the plugin i'm using is "Wavpack Player v2.0 (x86) [in_wv.dll]. I believe this is the latest.

Reply #1
The wavpack winamp plugin seems to have some problems reading "not-so-common" characters in APEv2 tags (don't know about ID3). So far, it was unable to properly display punctuated characters ( ú -> ú; á -> Ãi). The GodFather tags them perfectly, and foobar2000 reads them perfectly, so the problem is not in the tags themselves.
It'd be nice if bryant or someone else could have a look at this.

Thanks

Btw, the plugin i'm using is "Wavpack Player v2.0 (x86) [in_wv.dll]. I believe this is the latest.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=236682"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It seems like Winamp's UTF-8 support is broken. Could be also a conversion bug in the plugin, though.
edit: added that the plugin could be buggy too.
Stupidity is root of all evil.

Reply #2
Yes, this is a bug in the plugin and will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for letting me know.