Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Any issues ripping with an IDE CD-RW via IDE adapter card? (Read 1903 times) previous topic - next topic

Any issues ripping with an IDE CD-RW via IDE adapter card?

I have an older Plextor Premium CD-RW drive that I've used to rip CDs for years. I'm putting together a new PC and would like to continue using this drive, but few motherboards today have IDE headers. So to use the drive I could pick up an inexpensive PCI or PCIe card with a single IDE port on it.

The question I have is whether or not there might be any limitations to this approach? I rip using EAC with AccurateRip, usually starting with burst mode, then secure with C2 enabled if there's no match.

Any issues ripping with an IDE CD-RW via IDE adapter card?

Reply #1
Some add-on cards may not support optical drives (hard disk drives only), but if you can find one that will work with an optical drive, I don't think you'll have much of a problem.

You could also try an adapter.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16812232004