Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Musepack support under Beep-media-player (*nix) (Read 4932 times) previous topic - next topic

Musepack support under Beep-media-player (*nix)

Ok,

Here is a musepack input plugin for beep-media-player, a gtk2 clone of xmms. It's just a modified version of the latest (0.98) xmms plugin that doesn't crash when you check tags or preferences, and that use gtk2.

It's a bit hackish right now, but hopefully, it'll be updated when a musepack library is released.

Hosted on corecodec.org here.

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as i do !
It's a 'Jump to Conclusions Mat'. You see, you have this mat, with different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

Reply #1
i didn't realize anything was wrong while the musepack plugin was included with the bmp-plugins extras pack...

Reply #2
The musepack plugin bundled with bmp-extra-plugins was done from xmms-plugin 0.93. It's a bit old and for example doesn't support ape2 tags. But apart from that, you're right, this one works too.
It's a 'Jump to Conclusions Mat'. You see, you have this mat, with different CONCLUSIONS written on it that you could JUMP TO.

Reply #3
I had to comment out a line in getfileinfo() and recompile it in order for it to be usable... maybe it's because i don't store any tags, but when i tell it to show the filename, that's what it should do...

Reply #4
Yeah, i forgot to edit out this line...
I'll update it, add some fixes for genre display and ape2.
I'll also add your fix for time displaying.

Reply #5
thanks a lot, contrary to the one from the extra pack this one works

Reply #6
???
they both work for me...