Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Need help 24/96khz (Read 4582 times) previous topic - next topic

Need help 24/96khz

Hello guys I am ne here to the forums and I have few questions. Pardon the newbishness hehe
I have an audigy 4  SC. Thanks in advanced.

I have something that is bugging me and that is the 24/96Khz sampling rates that the my card should be doing. A friend  of mine  is able to get 96khz/24 with a audigiy2 zs in windvd and other applications, I got screenies to show you. I basically have the same settings as as he does in pic #1 if u look at pic#2 he is getting 96khz/24 sampling and output something I dont understand why I cannot get if I have the same card . Pic #3 is my screenie of windvd as you guys can see my sampling rates are 48khz\16 which is really low and pic # 4 is a screenie of the creative system info that is showin uber low sampling rates for this card. All of my benchmark applcations Everest ultimate and Sisoft Sandra 2005 are telling me the same as Creatives system info tool. My question is how can I get true 96khz/24 like whats on the retail box what settings do I need to go about to achive this all help would be greatly apreciated 

Pic#1 

Pic#2

Pic#3

Pic#4

Need help 24/96khz

Reply #1
According to picture 4 your card indeed supports 24/96 audio. However in picture 3 your audio source is an AC3 file which is 16bit/48Khz. If you are trying to play a DVD-A disc on your computer make sure you select the high res version on the disc's menu. It should then play 24bit/96Khz fine.

Need help 24/96khz

Reply #2
That's the reason. Your source isn't 24/96.

Need help 24/96khz

Reply #3
That's the reason. Your source isn't 24/96.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313240"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm I thought all dvd movies were 24/96Khz am such a Newb

Need help 24/96khz

Reply #4
Movies are 16 bit 48 kHz in general.

Need help 24/96khz

Reply #5
Movies are 16 bit 48 kHz in general.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313398"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ahh thx really apreciate it.. I will stick around forums and suk up all da knowledge i can  I had been to many forums yet nobody was able to tell me this :| thx guys