Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 48 khz resample (Read 4605 times) previous topic - next topic

48 khz resample

"Wouldn't it be great to have a SSRC plugin for WinAmp?? I think it wouldn't be very difficult to write it, as the source code is standard C and public.

Maybe there is some special issue that makes it difficult to port it to a real-time plugin??

It would greatly avoid the bad resampling of the Live!'s soundcards, and surely improve the quality on all AC'97 48KHz-fixed sound cards."

Just copied & pasted this from r3mix forum... I think that here this might get a sollution

48 khz resample

Reply #1
Actually I recall TrNSZ talking about working on this very thing awhile back..  I don't know the details of the current situation, but apparently it is possible and actually being looked at even..

48 khz resample

Reply #2
That will be great...

Thanks for the quick reply...

48 khz resample

Reply #3
it is not possible to write a resampler plugin for winamp v2.x. wa3 converter stuff can do that, but there's no user interface to configure converter chain yet.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

48 khz resample

Reply #4
Yeah I think this is exactly what TrNSZ had said also.. that doing this would only be possible in Winamp3.  Maybe why this hasn't been more of a topic yet..  Anyway, it's an interesting possibility to look at in the future.

48 khz resample

Reply #5
"Without Contraries is no progression. - William Blake"
I love it... 

48 khz resample

Reply #6
The quoted text at the first post was written by me

48 khz resample

Reply #7
When you say you want an SSRC plugin, do you mean an output plugin (for listening to)? If so, look no further than PP's Directsound and WaveOut resampler versions, which use SSRC.

Grab 'em here: http://www.public.asu.edu/~abarber2/Stuff.html

If you mean a file converter that uses SSRC then... well, I don't know about that.

48 khz resample

Reply #8
Ehm... look at the the first post date, it is from 2001, quite before PP wrote his SSRC output plugins. 

48 khz resample

Reply #9
Blimey - you're right. Time has no meaning for me 

48 khz resample

Reply #10
Damn, I always thought that was my idea.