Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.9 beta bug reports (Read 86766 times) previous topic - next topic

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #25
bugs (Playback - Audio CD): seeking
"Not here"
Last track time...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299757"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
On what disc ?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299803"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Simple cannot seek (always continues to play) or seek somewhere after 3-4 try.

On all CDs. ( AC/DC – Ballbreaker (755961780-2), Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears (01-467859-10 11), …  -> all disc are EAC reference CDs and AccurateRip key CDs. Usually last track leaves ~2min.

WinXP SP2 on nForce2 ultra, AthlonXP, Pioneer DVR-108  1.20,  -> nForce drivers v.5.10

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #26
Last track length fix.
Seeking is indeed broken in secure mode, I'll check that now, doesn't look like a foo_cdda problem (something else breaks with huge audio data blocks).
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #27
Anyone else experiencing only noise playback when using beta 3 (I haven't tried any of the other betas before, if there were any public ones)? Here's what I did: Uninstalled 0.8.3 CSE, deleted remaining files in folder, installed 0.9 beta 3 (full, normal settings) into the same folder, started & dropped some MP3 files to it -> only loud noise with very silent musik in the background. I also tried to delete the foobar settings folder completely and restarted, no change. Then I reinstalled 0.8.3 CSE into a different folder -> works flawlessly. I'm using WinXP Pro SP2 with nForce 2 on-board sound.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299683"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep I have the same prob on the same sound chip n OS. (see earlier in thread)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299684"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same Problem here with nForce2 Onboard Audio, changing to 24bit does the trick.

edit: Is Peter still around at the forum? 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299688"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i have the same problem here, however on my second pc (also a nforce 2 board) it doesn't occur. the nforce drivers on my second pc are the latest beta on guru 3D (6.37) and and i use the official ones on my first pc (5.10).

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #28
Last track length fix.
Seeking is indeed broken in secure mode, I'll check that now, doesn't look like a foo_cdda problem (something else breaks with huge audio data blocks).

Confirmation of fix.  Thank you.

Is there any chance that you may include some sort of cuesheet generation, or will I have to wait on a foo_cue_ex update for that?

I can't wait to see some comparisons of Foobar and EAC's secure ripping...
I'm on a horse.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #29
Hello!

It seems there are small problems with some Windows skins. Can these be fixed?

Pic 1

Pic 2

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #30
Last track length fix.

Thx!!! Now report correct lenght!!

I can't wait to see some comparisons of Foobar and EAC's secure ripping...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299834"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I convert today several non-problematic CDs with foobar 0.9b3 (with correct offset and secure mode) and EAC (all tracks is Accurately Ripped) to WavPack -> proper files has same MD5.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #31
Reinstall does not keep previous "type of install" if "Install for all users" was off in the previous install.

0. Windows 2000 Korean edition was used
1. Install the full version of the installer
2. Deselect "Install for all users"
3. Exit foobar2000, and run the installer again

Result: "Normal" is chosen, not "Previous".

Can anyone confirm this? Is this a bug?

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #32
Adding keyboard shortcuts for sort selection and sort playlist works, but it gets displayed wrong.

Main -> Playlist -> Sort -> Sort by display name
Main -> Playlist -> Selection -> Sort -> Sort by display name

They both show up as just "Sort" in the assigned shortcuts pane.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #33
Hello!

It seems there are small problems with some Windows skins. Can these be fixed?

Pic 1

Pic 2
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, minor glitches here too: [a href="http://www.kapsi.fi/~pfr/kuvat/foo_ui.png]Screenshot[/url].

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #34
Alright I'm getting some serious distortion when I try to play anything in 16bit. Changing to 24bit works fine.
XP service pack 2, Soundstorm 5.1 onboard sound.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299609"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm definitely getting this, too. I've also found that the distortion doesn't occur if I use the disk writer to convert a file to a 16-bit WAV, the distortion only occurs in the output component at 16- and 32-bit depths.

I'm also using a Soundstorm board: Abit NF7-S v2, which uses the Realtek ALC650 codec for analog output. I'm using Forceware version 5.10 (which installs audio driver version 4.42, according to nvmixer) and DirectX 9.0d.
I don't have any comparable problems with foobar 0.8.3 with any of the output modes.

Edit: I'm using 0.9 beta 3.

Edit 2:
Not first time nforce drivers break with channel map flags used. Report the problem to them. Reducing DirectSound acceleration level in dxdiag.exe may help.
I will probably add special hackfix for this in next beta, but expect the problem to resurface when using multichannel-related features (such as "move stereo to rear channels" DSP).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299736"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Cranking DirectSound down to "Basic Acceleration" fixed the problem, and I'll report this to nVidia. I'm also going to check out the beta Forceware drivers since one person reported that those didn't cause problems.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #35
There`s problem with russian language...
The russian name of the songs look like: "Íàøåñòâèå. Øàã 16"
I hope you will fix this fast....

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #36
There`s problem with russian language...
The russian name of the songs look like: "Íàøåñòâèå. Øàã 16"
I hope you will fix this fast....
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You must specify what you are talking about if you want help (otherwise it's no use posting). What names? What OS? Etc.

If this is an issue with id3v2 tags and codepage you must fix it yourself. Try a [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?act=Search&f=27]search[/url] for unicode, foobar2000 and id3v2 and such....
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #37
I've got to say I'm impressed with the way preferences in general has been cleaned up, and the new look of e.g. the "Keyboard shortcuts" page. Alot of nice features too, but I haven't yet had the time to look though it all.

Possible bug:
$rgb() doesn't restore color in playlist formatting
Example:
Code: [Select]
'rating: '$rgb(255,0,0)[%trackrating%]$rgb()'  --  count: '[%PLAY_COUNTER%]
looks like this:
rating: 1  --  count: 1

Btw:
Is an implementation of the enqueue feature planed, or is it just added as a feature for 3rd party developers? Would be nice to see such small things added natively, as 3rd party developers come and go. Anyway, if possible, it would be nice to have %enqueue_index% or similar available for formatting purposes. Hence making it possible to mimick the display in Winamp (I believe that's where I saw the queue index displayed in the playlist itself).

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #38
AAC streams still shows 128 kbps bitrate no matter what the true bitrate are...
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #39
$rgb() doesn't restore color in playlist formatting[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299880"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Confirmed, this will be fixed in the next release.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #40
Anyone else experiencing only noise playback when using beta 3 (I haven't tried any of the other betas before, if there were any public ones)? Here's what I did: Uninstalled 0.8.3 CSE, deleted remaining files in folder, installed 0.9 beta 3 (full, normal settings) into the same folder, started & dropped some MP3 files to it -> only loud noise with very silent musik in the background. I also tried to delete the foobar settings folder completely and restarted, no change. Then I reinstalled 0.8.3 CSE into a different folder -> works flawlessly. I'm using WinXP Pro SP2 with nForce 2 on-board sound.

i have the same problem here, however on my second pc (also a nforce 2 board) it doesn't occur. the nforce drivers on my second pc are the latest beta on guru 3D (6.37) and and i use the official ones on my first pc (5.10).

Thanks, installing the beta drivers from Guru3D did it for me, too, so NVIDIA seems to be aware of the problem.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #41
I have problem with reading Chinese character (mp3) in the playlist, which tagged with id3v1. I t displays like this: 637. ???`?? - [Ivana ???`?? #03] ?@???P??. The songs with id3v1 and id3v2 tagged are displayed properly (chinese & japanese).
Those problematic songs are tagged by 0.8 and can be displayed correctly in 0.8.

Hopes that this can be fixed. thanks.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #42
I have problem with reading Chinese character (mp3) in the playlist, which tagged with id3v1. I t displays like this: 637. ???`?? - [Ivana ???`?? #03] ?@???P??. The songs with id3v1 and id3v2 tagged are displayed properly (chinese & japanese).
Those problematic songs are tagged by 0.8 and can be displayed correctly in 0.8.

Hopes that this can be fixed. thanks.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The answer to your question is in the first post of the page 3 made by foosion :
[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34215&st=50]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....pic=34215&st=50[/url]
A Dwarf has its own way to fight !

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #43
CD playback/ripping doesn't work here.

I recieve

Code: [Select]
Error opening file for decoding (Generic Error):
cdda://029168A3,01

foobar2000 0.8.3 foo_cdda and EAC work fine.

System is WinXP SP2 german.

Regards; ilikedirt

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #44
Drag and drop does not seem to work from AlbumList to Playlist area. Am I wrong ? (W2ksp4)

Edit:
Send to playlist/Add to playlist do not work as well from the albumList (not on all playlists but some)
Play does not work either from the albumlist

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #45
Drag and drop does not seem to work from AlbumList to Playlist area. Am I wrong ? (W2ksp4)

Edit: Send to playlist/Add to playlist don not work as well from the albumList
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299912"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When you delete a playlist, none is selected. You have to select a playlist again first (add entries in menu are grayed out else). Don't think it's intended behaviour. 

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #46

Edit: Send to playlist/Add to playlist don not work as well from the albumList
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299912"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When you delete a playlist, none is selected. You have to select a playlist again first (add entries in menu are grayed out else). Don't think it's intended behaviour. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299914"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Now it seems to work but except on the default playlist. I have deleted it and now it works for all playlists.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #47
Did you use Autoplaylist? That would prevent any manual modification on the affected playlists.

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #48
Did you use Autoplaylist? That would prevent any manual modification on the affected playlists.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299919"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes I did. In fact any autoplaylist does not support dropping files, which is i guess by design.

BTW: "Play" still does not seem to work from the albumlist (on my system).

0.9 beta bug reports

Reply #49
On my system (Windows XP SP 2; filesystem NTFS) the "Add directory" doesn't add directorys below the "System Volume Information" directory. (T down to Z)