Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS#8] Re: Are the AKG K7XX headphones good for composing? (Read 3795 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Are the AKG K7XX head...

[TOS#8] Re: Are the AKG K7XX headphones good for composing?

I have AKG K7xx Black.
I like it.

Re-Cable/Upgrade Cable (self made)
mini-XLR: SWITCHCRAFT-TA3F
Cable: VIABLUE EPC-2 Silver
Phone Plug: NEUTRIK - NP3X-B

Sound is clear, glossy.
I am not tired after listening.

K7xx is the same as K702 Pro, although a few parts are different.
It seems that Headphone driver is almost the same as Q series.

I recommend a re-cable (upgrade cable).
It will be over in about 20 minutes if you get used to it.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Re: [TOS#8] Re: Are the AKG K7XX headphones good for composing?

Reply #1
I recommend a re-cable (upgrade cable).
For what purpose? To get one with a different length?

It will be over in about 20 minutes if you get used to it.
You mean, one can make the cable in twenty minutes if one is used to doing so?

Reply #2
Hi.
> To get one with a different length?
Is it the cable length?
Selling by the piece. /M

> For what purpose?
Sound is clear, glossy, strong and soft.

Have you ever created a re-cable?
I advise on my own experience.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #3
Please use words that say something about the sound....    i.e.  "bass" or "lows", "treble" or "highs", "frequency response", "distortion", etc.

Clear = Lack of distortion??? 
Glossy = I have no idea...    Do they reflect sound like echo or reverb?  :D :D   
Strong = Loud???
Soft = Not loud???

Reply #4
Hi.
> To get one with a different length?
Is it the cable length?
Selling by the piece. /M

> For what purpose?

Seems meaningless to me.

With a reasonably good set of headphones, or IEMs, and good associated gear and source material, that's how many things sound to me. If not, appropriaote adjustment to a good parametric equalizer can help further.

Yes.

I advise on my own experience.

It is well known that there is a natural human tendency towards bias. Bias can foster beliefs in things that are impossible.

I don't doubt your sincerity nearly as much as I doubt the reliability of your claims.

Reply #5
@Arnold B. Krueger
> I don't doubt your sincerity nearly as much as I doubt the reliability of your claims.
hahaha... Thanks.

Reply #6
@Arnold B. Krueger
> I don't doubt your sincerity nearly as much as I doubt the reliability of your claims.
hahaha... Thanks.

Well what do you expect? This is a forum where hard evidence and blind ABX tests are the norm.

Reply #7
Read Reply #1 (DVDdoug)

Reply #8
Looks like the quackery that TOS#8 was written to avoid.

I have replaced cables for better sound and thought I succeeded, yes. Have you ever fell for an optical illusion?

Reply #9
Read Reply #1 (DVDdoug)
Nothing difficult about measuring cables and understanding their effects/ways to determine audibility vs delusion, unless one has audiophile intellect.
Nor anything difficult about comprehending TOS regarding those matters, unless one has audiophile intellect.
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #10
Read Reply #1 (DVDdoug)

DVD Doug's respons was consistent with some well known aspects of heardphone listerning, which is that what people hear with headphones is very specific to them because the parts of the ear that the headphone delivers sound to is:

(1) Not the entire hearing system.

(2) Varies quiter a bit from person to person.

Both of those critical elements of DVDDoug's comments are held constant when the only change is to the headphone cable, presuming that the cable "Upgrade" is done in a technically sound way. IOW wires aren't crossed, disconnected or signficiantly inapporpriate for the task (such as being very small and made from exotic, but high resistance materials).

Therefore  citing his post as support for yours would appear to be inappropriate because you seem to have reported a significant audible improvement when logic and science dictates that there should be none.