Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AC3 ReplayGain scanner? (Read 2763 times) previous topic - next topic

AC3 ReplayGain scanner?

Hi all!

I have been reading a lot on this forum, but for this problem I think I'll need some help of you guys

I've been looking for a CLI ReplayGain scanner, which can handle the AC3 files.
What do I need this for? Well i'm muxing some DVD's into mkv containers, but in my opinion the sound level of the dvd is way to low (though Dolby specifies a volume 83dB SPL normalization). And as the mkv-container supports replaygain tags, I was looking for a ReplayGain scanner to include the results in my mkv tags.
Problem is, I don't find any ReplayGain scanner for AC3 (I am not recompressing the audio nor the video)...

[ In fact I don't understand why all CLI ReplayGain scanners are specificly made for one format (mp3gain, etc), and are not relying on the decoders installed on the user's system ... ]

Thanks in advance,
MALEADt