Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC thumnbails in windows explorer ? (Read 4328 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC thumnbails in windows explorer ?

In Windows (Vista?) you can see covers written inside tags while browsing folders in explorer (my computer, etc) ...

Is there any known way to do the same with FLAC files ?

Reply #1
maybe some flac encoder installation to the system directory?

Reply #2
no, it would require a plugin for kernel for windows explorer to make it able to display thumbnails of covers ... I hoped that something like that already exists ...

Reply #3
In windows xp, I put a "folder.jpg" file with the cover art in each album's directory.  When viewing the directory with albums in it, using thumbnails, explorer uses folder.jpg as the thumbnail image.  If I want to listen to the album, I right click and "add to ... playlist".