Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist-Tools-SMP (Read 62853 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Playlist-Tools-SMP

Reply #300
? You have to obviously set bio panel to use current selection -not now playing-, otherwise it can not work. Works fine on my side, so unless you give more info...

And I have not said anything about listenbrainz.

Yeah, is only for the last.fm button.
I was talking about the elements in the playlist generated for last.fm, listenbrainz or youtube that are not in the library.
Any of them display tag info in the last.fm button, but they have info for bio panel available.
Maybe I understand it wrong or I'm not doing something correctly.
Here is a video:
https://streamable.com/3w3y8d
I still don't understand what's the problem. Your video clearly shows bio tags on the button for the first track as I have stated it will do.

If the bio panel doesn't report tags, it takes some seconds or track has not tags, that's not my fault (you may ask at the Bio thread). You are supposing Bio report tags immediately, which is not true. Can not expect to retrieve tags from internet on less than 1 sec as you do.

Yeah, I take that in consideration and download the bio from this files in bio befor doing the video.
For me is only showing the file tag.
In the next I show you with Aghast Manor - Gaslights tags.

We will tray with and example for an album with tags and bio downloaded.

The files have the following tags:
Genre : Electronic
Style : Dark Ambient; Dark Wave
Artist Genre Last.fm : Dark Ambient; Dark Wave; Industrial; Ambient
Album Genre Last.fm : Dark Wave; Ambient

The bio panel have:
Top Tags: Dark Ambient​, Darkwave​, Andrea Nebel​, Industrial​, Ambient

The last.fm button for one file must shown the file tags + bio tags

So Electronic, Dark Ambient; Dark Wave, Industrial; Ambient, Darkwave​, Andrea Nebel​

But it not showing any bio tag, only the ones from the file.

If I remove the file tags, (I let the discogs one because it didn't search for it) the button must show tags from bio...

but it doesn't show any tag.

Here:

https://streamable.com/t7lurp

Reply #301
But are you using the current version from repository? XD

And obviously you must set bio panel to notify tags...

Reply #302

The zip from the main pages as always.

I just see one modification from 15 minutes ago

I tried with that or wait a little bit more for new one  xD

You upload faster than I download

Reply #303

That one will display bio tags state as shown on the gif. If it's not working, either you have disabled the feature on the settings menu or It's a problem/setting on bio panel side.

Reply #304

That one will display bio tags state as shown on the gif. If it's not working, either you have disabled the feature on the settings menu or It's a problem/setting on bio panel side.

That is the problem
"notifyTags": false, in bio conf

Now show the tags.

I didn't even know that there was such a thing.

Reply #305
Well... you can imagine I can not know every user's config. It's supposed people should enable tag sharing for tag sharing to work  ::)

Have added a note about it on the readme for the button anyway, just in case other people doesn't know the feature.

EDIT: And disabled the feature by default, which forces the user to enable it on purpose; thus showing a popup with clear instructions about the requisites.

Reply #306
Well... you can imagine I can not know every user's config. It's supposed people should enable tag sharing for tag sharing to work  ::)

Have added a note about it on the readme for the button anyway, just in case other people doesn't know the feature.

I swear is the first time I heard of it. As I don't have the html dialog with descriptions, most of the time is a "guest game" with the variables.

Reply #307

I swear is the first time I heard of it. As I don't have the html dialog with descriptions, most of the time is a "guest game" with the variables.

It's not different on my side hahahah
It's on 'biography.cfg' file btw. Or the HTML panel, yep

I think I was the one who asked Wiilb for the tag sharing feature though. But it has been there since a year or more!

Reply #308

It's not different on my side hahahah
It's on 'biography.cfg' file btw. Or the HTML panel, yep

I think I was the one who asked Wiilb for the tag sharing feature though. But it has been there since a year or more!

For me is biography.cfg or SMP configuration properties.....a pleasure to figure out what is the correspondence of a 0,1,2

But one variable at a time the mystery comes to light

Reply #309
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.22
Update earlier than expected to support foo-last-list internal changes (otherwise it will crash using the new package).
[3.0.0-beta.22] - 2023-03-05
Added

Last.fm: supports -full- tag retrieval from WilB's Biography script. i.e. genres, styles, locale tags, etc. are added to the file tags on the submenus as available values. Bio tags state is displayed at tooltip, warning when tags are not found (usually requires some seconds).
    Last.fm: supports 'locale' tag retrieval from World-Map-SMP, independently of Bio panel. i.e. it looks at the local database for matches by artist (so it works even for artists not found by Bio panel, multi-value artists tags and artists manually tagged by user on the panel). Bio and World Map tag retrieval can coexist, duplicates are removed in any case.
    Last.fm: new similar artists sub-menu, to retrieve top tracks by a single selected similar artist. This is different to using the 'Current similar artists to' entry, which creates a playlist mixing all similar artists. Therefore, it's equivalent to using the 'Custom...\By Artist' entry for every single similar artist found.
    Last.fm: supports 'LASTFM_SIMILAR_ARTIST' tag retrieval from foo_uie_biography, independently of Bio panel. Bio and foo_uie_biography tag retrieval can coexist, duplicates are removed in any case.
    Last.fm: supports 'SIMILAR ARTISTS SEARCHBYDISTANCE' tag retrieval from Search by Distance-SMP, independently of Bio panel. Duplicates are removed in any case when merged with other similar artists tags. This tag must be pre-calculated, since it's retrieved from files or database, and its based on similar artists from your library (instead of charts/popularity/other people's listening habits).

Changed

Last.fm: updated support for foo-last-list-smp v1.1 (previous version will not work).
    Last.fm: sub-menu tag lists are now split on columns by 8 items.

Reply #310
The last.fm button can't be set to show icon only.
It does when force all button is set, but not independently.

Reply #311
The last.fm button can't be set to show icon only.
It does when force all button is set, but not independently.

Yep, missed that. (its just a matter of adding a line, if you compare the button file -newButtonsProperties- with others you can easily fix it yourself)
Code: [Select]
	bIconMode:		['Icon-only mode?', false, {func: isBoolean}, false]

Have to update it to support the latest version again... since l3v3l keeps changing the basics method on every update.  ::) So will upload a new version when I have both things covered.

Reply #312
Yep, missed that. (its just a matter of adding a line, if you compare the button file -newButtonsProperties- with others you can easily fix it yourself)
Code: [Select]
	bIconMode:		['Icon-only mode?', false, {func: isBoolean}, false]

Have to update it to support the latest version again... since l3v3l keeps changing the basics method on every update.  ::) So will upload a new version when I have both things covered.

Done

Reply #313
And here you go..
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.23
[3.0.0-beta.23] - 2023-03-08
Added
    Last.fm: added user's recommendations, mix and neighbors entries.
Changed
    Last.fm: improved and simplified entry names.
Removed
Fixed
    Last.fm: icon-only mode not working properly.

Reply #314
regor, I've got Playlist Tools, Playlist Manager and Search By Distance installed.

I've just updated to the latest versions (thank you) and every time I start fb2k I get "Aw, crashed" and this error
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 ({C72577AF-343A-4E0A-AC12-D476D29BA29B}: Playlist Tools: Buttons Bar v3.0.0-beta.24 by XXX)
include failed:
There is already another menu with same name and same root

followed by this one
function: newMenu

menuName: Current genre/style and instrumentals
subMenuFrom: Edit entries from list...‌​‌​​
flags: 0

EDIT: Screenshots ...

Before:

Now:

Reply #315
So I removed the Playlist Tools and Search By Distance SMP panels and tried to reinstall them.

I forgot what I was supposed to do. I hope I did the right thing:

In that little strip of space above the Playlist Manager panel (where the Playlist Tools and Search By Distance buttons were), I did

Layout editing mode>Cut UI Element, then
Add New UI Element>Spider Monkey Panel, then
Configure panel...>File>C:\foobar2000\profile\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\buttons\buttons_playlist_tools.js

That installed fine.

Then I did

Add New UI Element>Splitter (right/left)

then

Configure panel...>File>C:\foobar2000\profile\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\buttons\buttons_search_by_distance.js

I got this:

1. What am I doing wrong?

2. You can see that I've used two different SMP panels - one for Playlist Tools and one for Search By Distance. But I don't think I did that the first time weeks ago; I've forgotten XD. If I've already got the Playlist Tools button in one panel, do I need a new panel to install Search By Distance or is there a better way?

Reply #316
So I removed the Playlist Tools and Search By Distance SMP panels and tried to reinstall them.

I forgot what I was supposed to do. I hope I did the right thing:

In that little strip of space above the Playlist Manager panel (where the Playlist Tools and Search By Distance buttons were), I did

Layout editing mode>Cut UI Element, then
Configure panel...>File>C:\foobar2000\profile\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\buttons\buttons_playlist_tools.js

That installed fine.

Then I did

Add New UI Element>Splitter (right/left)

then

Configure panel...>File>C:\foobar2000\profile\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\buttons\buttons_search_by_distance.js

I got this:

1. What am I doing wrong?

2. You can see that I've used two different SMP panels - one for Playlist Tools and one for Search By Distance. But I don't think I did that the first time weeks ago; I've forgotten XD. If I've already got the Playlist Tools button in one panel, do I need a new panel to install Search By Distance or is there a better way?
You install the toolbar file 'buttons_toolbar.js' at the main folder, not the individual buttons. Then you load within the toolbar a single button or whatever using the bar menus.

Individual buttons installation has been unsupported since months, it makes no sense anymore. Also.. you know, there is a wiki for this XD which says exactly this.

Reply #317
Thanks, I'll look at the wiki properly. I thought I did.

What about the errors, though? In my first post. All I did was update the version.

Reply #318
Didn't saw your other post.

You have 2 menu entries with same name and same sub-menu, which is not allowed. The error is pretty clear hahahaha It's intended. Reinstall since somehow you did something weird there. The last update doesn't allow that situation anymore so it throws an error, as it should do.
(and I will disallow users doing that when adding custom entries)

https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/wiki/Installation
It's on the first paragraph, so no idea why did you load the buttons.

I will fix the crash anyway at reply 315, it happened because you tried to move a button when there was only a button on the panel XD which makes no sense if you only loaded a single button script instead of the toolbar. But it should just ignore it, not crash, even if I don't support such config anymore.

Reply #319
This will disallow adding a custom entry with same name than one that already exists: (thus avoiding your situation at update)
scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\main\playlist_tools\playlist_tools_menu_helpers.js

This will ignore button drag n drop when you load a single button script instead of the toolbar (even if its not supported)
scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\helpers\buttons_xxx.js

You still have to clean the panel and reinstall.

Reply #320
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.25
## [3.0.0-beta.25] - 2023-03-09
### Added
### Changed
- Presets: in case a custom menu entry has a duplicated name, it will be reported in a popup and skip for menu creation purposes. This should work as workaround to the crash appearing since [3.0.0-beta.20](#300-beta20---2023-03-04) if there were duplicated entries (allowing to remove them without clearing completely the panel). See [here](https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,120978.msg1023552.html#msg1023552).
- Presets: customizable menu entries no longer allow duplicated names when adding or editing an entry. A popup will be shown as warning.
- Script Integration\SMP Main menu: improved info popup shown for 'Execute menu entry by name'.
### Removed
### Fixed
- Script Integration\Playlist Name Commands: popup text filling entire window (thus making impossible to click yes/no), now reduced to a few lines and pointing to full readme for more info.
- Script Integration\SMP Dynamic menu: entries were not being added/edited properly at some instances.
- UI: crash when using drag n' drop if a button file was loaded (instead of using the toolbar), although this installation method is no longer supported.
- Presets: crash when editing presets at some instances.

Reply #321
1. regor, I've forgotten how to change the colour of the buttons.

How do I change the background colour and the button colour?

2. And I don't even know how I added the Playlist Tools button in the first place. I can't find how to get this "add buttons" submenu (image from your pdf).

I'm right-clicking and just getting this (when I right-click the red area above)

or this (when I right-click where it says Playlists: playlist_manager)

Sorry.

Reply #322
^This is what I want my previous post to look like. But I can't edit or delete it.

Please ignore; I got there in the end.

I think I only had a Playlist Tools button and hadn't added the Buttons Toolbar.

Reply #324
Hi @regor

I have a doubt about EBUR 128 Scanner with ffmpeg.

As you know, I'm on Linux, running fb2k v2-32bits through wine.

I download a 32bit static ffmpeg from here, add to the executables _32 and put them in the ffmpeg folder in helpers-external.

With this the menu is still disabled, so I download the 64 binaries and put them inside too.

Now the menu entry is available but when I tried to tag any file the scan seems to work (it shows in the console and I can see the ffmpeg_32.exe in the system monitor processes) bur when it finishes, it always fails to write the tags.

What I'm missing?

Additional info. After showing the popup window saying that it finishes and fails to write the tags the button doesn't return to normal status and still shows Stop execution, manually force next step with available tools disable. I must stop execution to return to normal state.