Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Equalizing Volume Of A Wav File (Read 1645 times) previous topic - next topic

Equalizing Volume Of A Wav File

I use Sony Soundforge 8.0. I'm still quite a noob at it. Anyway, I extracted the audio from a home-made interview. Since the interviewer was closer to the camera, the interviewer's voice is loud. As you can imagine, the interviewee has a much softer voice on the audio track relative to the interviewer.

What I want to do is equalize the entire audio track so the interviewer and interviewee have similar sound amplitudes. I know I can go through the entire track and manually select the softer sections and amplify them but it's a tedious task. I was wondering if there's some kind of filter I can use. I tried playing around in Soundforge, looking for a Process that does it. Haven't found one yet though.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks