Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: No sound coming out of speakers (Read 1678 times) previous topic - next topic

No sound coming out of speakers

I am trying to get Foobar 2000 latest edition to play music files but it is silent. It shows a signal that indicates the mp3 is recognized and is playing but I can't get the speakers to play. HELP!  I also can't get the album cover artwork to change as the selection changes. My old foobar worked great for years. I'm using windows7. Thank you.

Reply #1
Things that could cause this:
Foobar's volume is too low.
Windows' volume is too low or muted.
Windows is using the wrong output device.
You're not properly connected to your sound system.
Your sound system's volume is too low.

... I could go on forever
One thing you can try: do other apps make sound? Then we'll know if it's specifically Foobar or something else going wrong.

Reply #2
Quote from: oldiesinc link=msg=0 date=
HELP!

We get it. You obviously came here for help. 

It shows a signal that indicates the mp3 is recognized and is playing but I can't get the speakers to play.

Check setting at: Preferences > Playback > Output > Device
Check for errors at: View > Console

I also can't get the album cover artwork to change as the selection changes.

Select one of these, or both:
Preferences > Display > Selection Viewers > Prefer currently playing track
Main menu > Playback > Cursor follows playback

Reply #3
Are... are the speakers turned on?

Reply #5
Thank you guys, I'm going to start running through the ideas you offered and try each one out until we get this thing licked. I'm really pleased that you guys helped me out so quickly. I am so glad to be back here  again. I'll keep you posted. btw ,I always check the speakers for a power source    before I do anything

Reply #6
Thank you guys, I'm going to start running through the ideas you offered and try each one out until we get this thing licked. I'm really pleased that you guys helped me out so quickly. I am so glad to be back here  again. I'll keep you posted. btw ,I always check the speakers for a power source    before I do anything

Volume is at 90% everywhere and sounds fine now. Thank you