Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Finding MP3s that miss gapless playing information (Read 1330 times) previous topic - next topic

Finding MP3s that miss gapless playing information

Hi guys,
I have a huge music collection (Mostly CDs) which I ripped to MP3.
From time to time Foobar doesn't play some of them gaplessly. So I checked Encoder Delay and Padding of files which I found just by listening and it seems that some of my older rips don't have gapless information. Maybe I used other encoders than Lame in older days.
Is there a way to filter all MP3s that miss the special gapless "Tags"?  I don't want to re-convert everything but definitely the affected albums.
I know programs such as MP3Tag and Foobar support complex filtering but I don't know how I could do it because these fields are not part of the regular tag right? My idea is to search for files whos Encoder Delay doesn't exist or is null.
It would be great if you could assist me.
Thanks a lot!

Re: Finding MP3s that miss gapless playing information

Reply #2
(Mostly CDs)
It is worth highlighting tracks with duration not a multiple of a CD sector. Those could be transcodes, edited or truncated. There used to be a special properties window in Foobar that notified about it. I like to make the time display a different color when mod is not 0.

Code: [Select]
$puts(sect,$div(%__samplerate%,75))$mod(%_length_samples%,$get(sect))

Reply #3
The following code will also display if a track has been ripped correctly, with an yes or no:
Code: [Select]
$ifgreater($mod(%_length_samples%,588),0,<<<No>>>,>>>Yes<<<)

Reply #4
Thanks a lot! I'll try out your suggestions. :)