Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Incantations Part Four (Read 2215 times) previous topic - next topic

Incantations Part Four

I grew up having some favorite music. Mike Oldfield ´s Incantations is one of the few compositions i choosed for the eternity of my purgatory.
Unfortunately i had a disturbing drop-out in the latest 2011 Remaster i bought.
I have bought the 2LP version in my youth, then the first cd release that had some minutes missing because back then cds above 74min playing time weren´t pruduced.
In 2000 i bought the HDCD remaster that was full lenght but was a bit bright and unpleasent sounding besides that vibrato problem in part 4 that did drive me nuts!
Now some years later i bought the standard 2011 remaster and was really pleased until i came to part 4... UGLY! Never i thought any cd release with that strong glitch had a chance to be sold in Oldfields productions.
When reading over the net i saw some listeners that had the same bad master missing a beat an the resulting stutter.
Now i didn´t want to wait long and did my own fix. Just for interest i did read over the net and found that there was indeed a fixed release sent to cusomers that did complain.
Here is thread about that problem:
http://tubular.net/forums/mistake-on-part-...15;t=10266;st=0
And here did someone link to a short sample that shows that already fixed part:
http://tubular.net/forums/mistake-on-part-...5;t=10266;st=80

Sorry, but to my ears being part of a head that is a big Oldfield fan since its youth time this fix simply insults me!
This official fix to my ears was replacing some broken seconds of the latest remaster with some of the HDCD release, not more.
They left in the high noise and obviously the small glitch at ~12:37:270 of the HDCD release.
You really can hear the noise kicking in

So i hope i may help other people with some fixed seconds here that only must be pasted in the right spot to create a "Part 4" that at least suffice my deaf ears.
This upload is only 6 seconds long and should have no legal problems. I know it isn´t a typical Hydrogenaudio sample upload also.
If i create a problem, feel free to delete this...

Hopefully google search will hit here. I don´t want to register on another board for this. If not, this upload will most likely drown in some sub pages unfortunately...
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!