Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is my Foobar2000 really corrupted? (Read 606 times) previous topic - next topic

Is my Foobar2000 really corrupted?

I have downloaded and reinstalled Foobar v2.1.4 X64 and reinstalled it. When I check the online troubleshooter, I get this message...

"foobar2000 help: corrupted foobar2000 installation

You have reached this page because you appear to be running a modified or corrupted version of foobar2000, one that did not come from us.

We strongly recommend that you uninstall your copy of foobar2000 and scan your system for malicious software.

Note that you should always download foobar2000 from the official site (www.foobar2000.org). Download it from any other source at your own risk. We have no control over what other people put in their "foobar2000 installers" and take no responsibility for any damage to your system they might cause."

I think this might be in error, since I have downloaded my version of foobar right from foobar2000.org. Any ideas?

Re: Is my Foobar2000 really corrupted?

Reply #1
I think the troubleshooter sends your component list so posting it here might allow someone to check it out.

File>Preferences>Components>Copy report.

edit: ignore, see below. :P

Reply #2
Thanks for reporting.

Web site glitch has been fixed, there's nothing wrong with your install.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Thanks for letting me know.  That's what I figured. No worries.