Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: album art msn dp changer. (Read 98313 times) previous topic - next topic

album art msn dp changer.

Reply #50
Works great now, running the new WLM 8 Final, official release tomorrow.

Thanks ^^
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #51
Works great now, running the new WLM 8 Final, official release tomorrow.

Thanks ^^

good, eventually.
and good for me to say bye to the buggy beta..

Reply #52
http://dotslashdot.dk/blogs/cbm/archive/2006/06/05/45.aspx

FINALLY!!!
works perfectly...
this was the problem
thank you so much Acropolis

This will work... BUT.... If you have uninstalled Windows Messenger, you know the version 4.7 you just can't get rid off from the original old Windows XP installation, then you're fucked, then this won't work... and please don't ask me why...
I reinstalled my WM 4.7 and then it worked... strange...

Reply #53

http://dotslashdot.dk/blogs/cbm/archive/2006/06/05/45.aspx

FINALLY!!!
works perfectly...
this was the problem
thank you so much Acropolis

This will work... BUT.... If you have uninstalled Windows Messenger, you know the version 4.7 you just can't get rid off from the original old Windows XP installation, then you're fucked, then this won't work... and please don't ask me why...
I reinstalled my WM 4.7 and then it worked... strange...

I should say something like the blog very very clear at first, haha

Reply #54
did u rite it in C or C++? acropolis?,

im using visual studio 2005 express, and i dont think i can add the COM thing for msn.. or at least find it to add it as a reference

i would like to look at your source, mainly cause im curious, and love looking at source code.

im gunna try the newer versions, the old ones seemed to change the msn display pic randomly, the one in foobar changed pic fine.

what im thinkin, is maybe msn doesnt like some filenames? or types of pictures? that would cause it to die, while the foobar part would still play the pic

Reply #55
It would be nice if it removed the DP it adds.
Great plugin

Reply #56
@bojo
of course C++, the sdk requires. and the source from foo_uie_albumart is also C++, this plugin is just a modified version of that.

here is the completely compilable source code and binary of 0.2.1_3:
source
binary

@UnduTheGun
not possible for me to do it, I don't know how to remove the added dp(s) if you mean the dp(s) added to the messenger.
and I also eager to know how to detect if the MSN is checked of "show the now playing from WMP", because seems a little bit unsense as if no info of the current playing song in the messenger, but the dp changes.

Reply #57
okay ive had a looky through, to see whats going on with my, only changes on first song change problem.

console gives me " foo_uie_albumart_msn: failed to create an instance of messenger (set_msn_dp)"

which seems to refer to

if (S_OK!=msn.CreateInstance(__uuidof(Messenger)))
    {
        console::print("foo_uie_albumart_msn: failed to create an instance of messenger (set_msn_dp)");
        return;

my geuss is that its not realesing msn like it should, and that it seems to be still be interacting with it, so it cant access it again?.

i was going to fool around with the code abit, but for the love of me it wont compile in Visual C++ express, i have the platform SDK, foobar SDK, columns UI SDK, but i still get random errors.

lol this has been fun

Reply #58
@bojo
did u read my previous post about the test.zip? what's your result? if you don't get all OK and the avatar changed, it's not the problem of the plugin.

0.2.1_4, fixed sometimes avatar will not be restored after stop or pause.
binary

Reply #59
I can't get this to work

I tried reinstalling msn 4.7, but still no joy.  I used to get the standard fail message in foobar console, now I get this:

foo_uie_albumart_msn: failed to get the contact poperty of messenger (get_msn_dp)

What does this mean?  Any suggestion how I can make this work?  the test.exe file doesn't work either.

Reply #60
I can't get this to work

I tried reinstalling msn 4.7, but still no joy.  I used to get the standard fail message in foobar console, now I get this:

foo_uie_albumart_msn: failed to get the contact poperty of messenger (get_msn_dp)

What does this mean?  Any suggestion how I can make this work?  the test.exe file doesn't work either.

on my system, I have the original window messenger 4.7 and windows live messenger 8.0 installed, the plugin just works fine. you may try to match my system to see.

Reply #61
Using MSN7.5 with MSG+

Using stuffplug (msg+ plugin) gave me a problem,but that is unavoidable on your part due to the design of stuffplug (it intercepts picture adding and brings up a dialog), so I've uninstalled stuffplug and it works a-ok!! 

Slight issue is that now if I go to msn's list of display pics, they are all added  under there. Is there an API call to remove them after use?
hi

Reply #62
acropolis all said yes, and it changed my msn dp to the one u provided there.

ive actually seemed to find out some of the problem.

seems your app doesnt like people skipping songs (it causes the error i was getting)... eg. selecting next when playlist is on random.

i seem to be able to consistintly get the error when i do that, other instances are kinda random.

however it never seems to recover from the error once it has occured.

[15:48:26] foo_uie_albumart_msn: failed to create an instance of messenger (set_msn_dp)

if my idea was maybe correct, about the plugin failing to excute msn.realease() properly, maybe you could put that in the if statement that declares the error?, cause that should try to release it.

of course, i could just be spewing jibberish...i cant even compile it in visual express

for (t_size n = 0; n < buf_vars.num_sources; n++)

apparently is a " warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch", but i dont understand why its bitching about that line, and multiples like it.

Reply #63
@tool++
unfortunately I don't know the API to remove the added list of pictures.....

@bojo
why should I call release if I just can't get an instance?  btw, the "for loop" line is not my code.
I have no problems with anyway to play the songs, random, etc.

it's hard for me to fix your problem, because I'm not able to get the errors on my computer.

Reply #64
Thanks for the plugin, acro.

Do you think you could mod it so it sets the MSN dp to the "no cover" image when there isn't a cover?

I can't seem to do that, so it just uses the last album's art which is annoying :/

Or even a custom image.
hi

Reply #65
Thanks for the plugin, acro.

Do you think you could mod it so it sets the MSN dp to the "no cover" image when there isn't a cover?

I can't seem to do that, so it just uses the last album's art which is annoying :/

Or even a custom image.

you don't need this mod in fact. because you can specify the no cover image in the setting like normal foo_uie_albumart. this is my line in the image source for no cover image:
"--C:\Program Files\foobar2000\images\NoCover2.jpg"

the picture shown in messenger is the same as the albumart, unless it is stopped or paused.
the images shown are all based on the setting, my dp will cycle the images in the song folder too.

Reply #66
on my system, I have the original window messenger 4.7 and windows live messenger 8.0 installed, the plugin just works fine. you may try to match my system to see.

Yeah it says "messenger 4.7" at the top, and I've installed live messenger.  It's started locking up my foobar now, as soon as I start playing a song

It's definately your plugin too, as I switched back to standard album art and everything works swimmingly.  Is there any way I can get an error log to you or anything like that?  Just because it may help your "development" (if indeed you intend to continue to develop this).

Reply #67
Woo I made it again and it works now
hi

Reply #68

Yeah it says "messenger 4.7" at the top, and I've installed live messenger.  It's started locking up my foobar now, as soon as I start playing a song

It's definately your plugin too, as I switched back to standard album art and everything works swimmingly.  Is there any way I can get an error log to you or anything like that?  Just because it may help your "development" (if indeed you intend to continue to develop this).

can u try the test.zip to see if the dp can be changed or not? because if foobar locks up, even the error messages sent to console is pointless.

Reply #69
can u try the test.zip to see if the dp can be changed or not? because if foobar locks up, even the error messages sent to console is pointless.

Yup, just tried, seems to just get stuck at "creating instance..."

Reply #70

I really have no clue about this, because with the test.exe there's absolutely not bug or coding problem.
seems like it's the system registry problem about the COM interface, because creating instance will not lock up programs.
sorry, I can't help you about this.

Reply #71

I really have no clue about this, because with the test.exe there's absolutely not bug or coding problem.
seems like it's the system registry problem about the COM interface, because creating instance will not lock up programs.
sorry, I can't help you about this.

Ok, that's fair enough.  I don't know what the com interface or anything like that is, so I won't bother continuing to try to make it work.  Not worth the hassle for a bit of glitter. thanks for your help though.

Reply #72
Ok I just reinstalled msn and now it's broken ? :S test.exe won't work.

I'll reboot.

Could it be because MSN is installed in D:\ rather than C:\Program Files\ ?
hi

Reply #73
Ok I just reinstalled msn and now it's broken ? :S test.exe won't work.

I'll reboot.

Could it be because MSN is installed in D:\ rather than C:\Program Files\ ?

the plugin doesn't care where your msn is.
this is how the plugin talks with msn messenger with COM interface:

plugin -> windows messenger -> msn messenger

Reply #74
I just reinstalled MSN in C:\Program Files and it works perfectly :S :S:
hi