Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 mobile fundraiser (Read 185780 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 mobile fundraiser

Reply #175
Oh sorry I missed that

Yes, you missed that, indeed. And you are trying to make your error looking less fundamental by formulating in a cynic and derisive tone. Bravo!

that actually answers my question too.

Apart from that: spoon was on this forum today and he read this thread, but didn't reply.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #176
Robertina, there is too much stress around forums. I just wanted to make sure they are at least happy with what they raised until now. That's it.

Reply #177
As an iOS user I already have a built in musicplayer that has a fantastic and simple UI and it integrates perfectly with my iphone compatible car stereo. What bothers me is the fact that i have to use iTunes for syncing. This is what most iOS users don't like about the built in music app. Having no FLAC support is not that much of a big deal since you can easily transcode to the open source codec ALAC. You don't say anything about the syncing mechanism with foobar2000 on iOS. Will you have to use iTunes? If not, how will it work then? Will syncing be only possible with the foobar2000 desktop app which is unfortunately windows only?
What about DLNA support? There's nothing like BubbleUPNP (Android) on iOS. Will foobar2000 mobile support DLNA?
Don't get me wrong but your asking for € 73000. Your fundraiser site is quite a bit loveless. I miss lots of information there.

Reply #178
On foobar2000 subforum I saw so many posts like "will ever foobar2000 be released for iOS" "we will pay for this" etc. I looked on fundraiser page. There is definitely more Android Tester users who already paid for this app than those golden "I-will-pay-for-everything" iOS Tester users... Does iPhone/iPad/iAnyshit costs that much that you can't afford for just 37 EUR? Most probably I will never use foobar2000 mobile, especially on iOS devices but I backed this project anyway. I think that iOS Testers is far less than "I-will-pay-for-this" posts...
Sorry for bitching but I am really angry after looking on this...

Reply #179
The finish date has been extended by an additional 30 days, to give the project a chance.

Reply #181
Big thanks to everyone who contributed to the fundraiser until now.

The current status is:
We want to do this project. We really do. We had plans to add features that cost us to run - in particular ones that require significant server resources ( existing foobar2000 for Windows desktop does not really require such ). We'll have to cut on these to fit within the budget.

We're continuing to run the fundraiser for another month - hopefully the final product will be more like what we originally intended to deliver.

Thank you all for your attention and continued support.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #182
That's great, because in next month I will be able to donate again. You know - monthly planned budget  . I am only bit sad that I couldn't help in April :/ ...

Reply #183
We had plans to add features that cost us to run - in particular ones that require significant server resources ( existing foobar2000 for Windows desktop does not really require such ). We'll have to cut on these to fit within the budget

If that means the cloud and social bullshit, then that's great . I wouldn't give the mobile a chance otherwise when it's released.

Reply #184
We want to do this project. We really do. We had plans to add features that cost us to run - in particular ones that require significant server resources ( existing foobar2000 for Windows desktop does not really require such ). We'll have to cut on these to fit within the budget.

Why don't you just tell what concrete features you've planned? Maybe these features could motivate some people more to spend their money. Also telling us the unique feature apart from replaygain and gapless playback (you have planned) that would distinguish foobar2k mobile from similar apps would not do any harm. As i told in the mobile forum: you just have to promote your upcoming product better!

Reply #185
I love foobar, and would really like to support it, but the words "social" and "cloud" make me wanna puke, sorry.

Reply #186
I, for one, have been so out of the Internet loop that I just found out about this while discussing foobar2000 with our new summer student a couple weeks ago. I can think of all the places where I spent money I could have spent on this fundraiser but that doesn't get me my cash back.

I'm glad for the extension. I have one more paycheck before it's over. With more notice, a Founder donation level would have been what I'd want, but I'll have to go with Prime Mover or Early Bird Android instead, I suppose. "Skin Designer" gives me the heebie-jeebies... That's what I went to foobar to get away from! Sadly, I fear it's inescapable with these newfangled jeejaws. Ah well. Early Bird Android finally gets me foobar2000 on Linux, so I am content, even if I haven't touched an audio player more complicated than sox-play in months (outside of work, anyhow).

Reply #187
Hi all,

do you know if there is any way to let them know that I DON'T NEED the earphones that go with my suscription?
At least I hope that they will have to pay only a small fraction of the public price....

Thank you!

Reply #188
do you know if there is any way to let them know that I DON'T NEED the earphones that go with my suscription?
Just give them to someone close to your heart.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Reply #189
Early Bird Android finally gets me foobar2000 on Linux

How do you figure? Just because Android runs on a Linux kernel, doesn't mean it will get you a fully working GTK3 or Qt player on Ubuntu or Arch Linux or whatever, and a *desktop* player at that (not touch based).

Reply #190
He said Linux, not GNU/Linux (sorry).

Anyway, skamp is correct, the point behind Foobar2000 is the customizable UI, and components. Android fb2k would contribute nothing towards a GNU/Linux fb2k port.

Reply #191
The foobar mobile fundraiser has a sponsor, for every $ / £ / Euro raised Illustrate (dBpoweramp) will match the value raised and contribute to the development.

Actual full time development starts in around 2 weeks, the first goal should be reached hopefully at this time. The fundraiser will continue to run throughout development.

Reply #192
Actual full time development starts in around 2 weeks, the first goal should be reached hopefully at this time.

You mean the first funding goal? I.e. the amount of money that's needed for full time development of the app?

Reply #193
So at will facebook reduce its members to the level of guinea pigs and affront the dignity of its members. facebook let you become the object of an experiment, without telling you.

No need to cry out now. It is normal and has always been like this.  see xkcd "Research Ethics" https://xkcd.com/1390/

Sorry for being off topic.

Reply #194
So at will facebook reduce its members to the level of guinea pigs and affront the dignity of its members. facebook let you become the object of an experiment, without telling you.

No need to cry out now. It is normal and has always been like this.  see xkcd "Research Ethics" https://xkcd.com/1390/

If something is ethically wrong I don't care if this has 'always' been like that.

Also, I think it is always the right time to cry out/call out for justice, and to call a spade a spade..
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #196
The foobar mobile fundraiser has a sponsor, for every $ / £ / Euro raised Illustrate (dBpoweramp) will match the value raised and contribute to the development.

Actual full time development starts in around 2 weeks, the first goal should be reached hopefully at this time. The fundraiser will continue to run throughout development.

Good, then 3rd act of support will also come (in August)
You should add other types of backers like "chopped tester" or "chopped early bird" for those like me ;D

Reply #197

Way to go, spoon! Makes me proud to be a dBpoweramp supporter.

Reply #198

So, you're going to pay yourself? How does that work? It became apparent soon after this supposed crowd funding campaign began that something was going to be developed by someone. There were never any real monetary requirements. Take what you can get.

Reply #199
He's not the developer. As far as I can tell, he's only organizing and now helping to fund this. Development is primarily Peter's job, but I've joined with the hope of being useful in mobile development, and I've already contributed some meager bits of API research, at least for Android. My wealth of component logic may come in handy eventually, if I can get a green light for any of it.