Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491624 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #700
Could you check it in default foobar installation?
Solved!
I was expecting the results to show below the integrated search box like it happens on the windowed search.
"Youtube Search (Integrated)" and "Playlist" UI Elements are sharing the same UI area with tabs so the results were hidden.
Maybe the integrated search could have a message "See results on Playlist View" below the search box making clear that it behaves different.

Reply #701
Yes, I'll add it.

Reply #702
New version 1.17.3

Changelog:
- added %video_popup_status% variable (possible values: "visible" / "hidden")
- simplified 'Playback Start' option. Returned back to how it was before 1.4.1, there are no need now in this complexity and anyway it does not accurately describe current analysis process
- added tip about search results in Search (Integrated) UI element. Will be visible is UI element area is too large for it
- fixed several ways to get crash when using video
- fixed 'Prevent monitor turn off when video is playing' behavior when multiple video frames are used
- reworked from deprecated ffmpeg API, minimum required version of external ffmpeg has been shifted
- updated ffmpeg to 3.2.1

Reply #703
Am I doing this right? 

Pardon me, I'm a noob that just "discovered" foo_youtube this morning and I'm getting tired of combing documentation and forum posts for my answers.  It's playing fine, but I have to select the track from my audio library, run the auto youtube search, then select that track to actually play the video.  I'm under the assumption that I can save the new item into it's own playlist for future viewing, but all of the tags from the original audio file have been erased.

Is this typical use?  Is there not a convenient way to tie the video to the audio track in my library rather than me having a separate playlist for video files?  I already have a local folder full of music videos fulfilling that need, I want something that conveniently ties videos to my existing music library.  Like if I could just paste a youtube URL (or local media directory) into the audio track's tag file and have foo_youtube open that automatically when present, that would be ideal.

Is this plugin not for me, or am I using it incorrectly?

Reply #704
run the auto youtube search
This feature is originally intended to replace broken clips with the ones obtained from Youtube search. And there was no reason to not expose it for other playlist items (i.e. not Youtube clips), so it is available for all. But as it states, it does replacement. Original playlist item is replaced with the one from search. There are no way so far to tie Youtube video to other source than the audio from the same Youtube clip.

Reply #705
Okay, good to confirm.  Is there a way I can add these clips to my main library?  I've been trying to do make a "Clip link file", but I haven't had any success getting it to work.

Reply #707
Is there a way I can add these clips to my main library?  I've been trying to do make a "Clip link file", but I haven't had any success getting it to work.
It was removed in favor of m-TAGS. You can try it.

Though I want to believe there is other approach for your case. Try last beta. One of changes:
- "added way to tie clip video to regular playlist items. For now there is expected %video_url% meta tag containing URL to the clip from supported site"

One question, do you have any plan to add support for live youtube streams?
Support for live streams and clips which originally was live (so their source is chunked) is the must. However, I cannot give any estimation of when it will be available.

%video_url% is the first attempt to use video outside original clip. Testing and any ideas how to make it more useful and convenient would be appreciated.

I suppose these things should be done in first turn:
- way to obtain URL should be configurable through titleformatting
- metadata edit of playing item should be caught on fly
- should be a way to shift video (video_offset (?) meta). Synchronization of video and audio from different sources potentially is a big problem that will prevent this feature to be good enough

Reply #708
I see how m-tags would be much more beneficial than a new file format, but this %video_url% tag is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for when I initially downloaded the component.  I gave it a shot and I like the results, but you're right that a video offset option is needed, or an option to switch between the local audio file and the youtube if offsetting is too difficult.

I know this is not really the point of the component, but is there any way to point to a local video file rather than a youtube one?  I like being independent from an online connection.

Also, I get a lot of video stuttering, but changing the video resolution doesn't seem to affect it.  Any ideas what might be causing the stuttering?

Thanks for you help!

Reply #709
I gave it a shot and I like the results, but you're right that a video offset option is needed, or an option to switch between the local audio file and the youtube if offsetting is too difficult.
It should not be difficult since kind of it is already used in 'Make album' feature.

Though that still going to be not very convenient. From what I've seen, if I'm not familiar with the song or the video, often it is hard to determine even direction in which the video should be shifted.

I assume video offset can be determined automatically by cross correlation. Though I don't have much experience in DSP processing so it won't be in place soon unless someone more experienced will take part. That feature even does not have to be part of the component.

I know this is not really the point of the component, but is there any way to point to a local video file rather than a youtube one?  I like being independent from an online connection.
Not within this component.

Also, I get a lot of video stuttering, but changing the video resolution doesn't seem to affect it.  Any ideas what might be causing the stuttering?
Try regular (not DASH) MP4. It is least problematic format in context of video playback in the component. Disadvantages: it is most bandwidth consuming, and is available only in 360p and 720p.

Format can be switched using Source popup menu of video frame context menu. To do this permanently, enter 'mp4' in 'Priority of formats' on Video tab from component preferences and check 'Format takes precedence' there.

Reply #710
New version 1.18

Changelog:
- added option 'Prefer HFR' (high frame rate) videos
- added option 'Prefer HDR' (high-dynamic-range) videos
- added support for %video_url% meta. If playing track (local file or whatever) has that meta pointing to the clip from supported site then behavior of video-related parts of the component will be the same as for regular clips
- added support for %video_offset% meta. Since video and audio are from different sources, they can be unsynced. This meta gives possibility to set delay for the video to make it synced with the audio. Expected value: "HH:MM:SS.MS". Any number except seconds is optional. All numbers do not have expected ranges (e.g. minutes value does not have to be two-digit nor have value only in range 0..59)
- %video_url% and %video_offset% addition/editing/removal for playing track is caught on the fly
- %video_url% takes precedence over other ways to get clip URL. That means it is also possible to override video URL for Youtube clips
- added workaround for report info length limit. It is about 'Report a problem' and 'Report with log' Help menu items, previously there was limit of 2047 symbols. Also, since there are no limit and thus no need to make report info as short as possible, Help menu item 'Copy settings to clipboard' has been updated to generates sane summary
- video properties (HFR/HDR/3D) now are mentioned in video description of History tree
- updated ffmpeg to 3.2.2
- updated libcurl to 7.52.1

Reply #712
Well, like in DVD era, when mouse interaction with DVD menus and corresponding on-screen changes were handled by one of the filters, handling 360 videos looks as something doable in DirectShow. I suppose it could be some transform or renderer filter that produces current view window from full 360 frame image. If there is any such filter around, I would be happy to add its support in the component.

Reply #713
Should be using Media Foundation, not DirectShow, in TYOOL 2017. And you'll need to perform some sort of spherical projection of the panorama image. I don't think a mere presentation filter can do that.

Reply #714
Should be using Media Foundation, not DirectShow, in TYOOL 2017.
Nah, DS is fine, alive and feeling well. I am not aware of any MF advantage over DS in context of its use in the component. There is one disadvantage though - lack of XP support (2017, I know, but still)

Or you are saying this in context of the topic, and MF has some sort of 360 videos support?

And you'll need to perform some sort of spherical projection of the panorama image. I don't think a mere presentation filter can do that.
Required video image transform does not look like rocket science since on desktop Youtube player and JW Player do this on the client side using js. At least if speaking about how it looks in the browser, not 3D nor use with VR headsets.

Reply #715
the search bar is not being displayed right for me in CUI

Reply #716
Cannot reproduce. Any clues?
Also what OS version do you have? And ensure you have the latest CUI (0.5.1 at the moment).

Reply #717
Hello.

First, thank you nice guy.  :D
This is nice mod. Very useful for me!!

About YouTube Search (Integrated)

I want sorting by the original search orders.

Could you %tracknumber% override to the original search orders?
ex) such as %title% and %artist%.

Image: http://imgur.com/a/3D5ws

Reply #718
Cannot reproduce. Any clues?
Also what OS version do you have? And ensure you have the latest CUI (0.5.1 at the moment).

I'm sorry I did not give further details.  I`m on Win10 running with a 250% zoom due to my monitor being my 4K TV.

everything's ok when I turn the zoom off.

Reply #719
This is so great for me, seeing that im sitting on an old pc with only 4gb memory, and having youtube swallows it like mad.

I take it that it's not possible to listen to LIVE youtube radios/streams? there are some youtube channels who are having nice music that i would like to listen through foobar 2000, but it's not yet possible, right? tried to make it work, but i can only play non-live youtube stuff..

thanks a million for a great plugin, tho! :)

Reply #720
@ALUMICAN
added in current beta.

@euamotubaina
yes, that helped. Exposed UI elements behave ok with different font sizes but apparently were not well prepared for high DPI. Fixed in current beta. Though not sure how it will look in multi monitor environment with different DPI scale per monitor.

@minstreless
unfortunately it is not possible at the moment.

Reply #722
@3dyd
Hey there! Is it possible to change the initial focus (i.e. after opening the window) on Youtube Search window from search result to search text? Current behavior is a little counter-intuitive, imo. Because when you want to search something, the first thing you'd usually want to do is to type search terms =)

Reply #723
Current rule for initial focus: set focus to search results list if the list is not empty and focus was there last time the search window was used. Otherwise set initial focus to search query edit box.

That was also done by request. Considerations behind this behavior are reasonable too. So all I can suggest is to add additional item under Extensions group (say, "initial focus to search box") retaining current behavior as default.

Reply #724
Current rule for initial focus: set focus to search results list if the list is not empty and focus was there last time the search window was used. Otherwise set initial focus to search query edit box.
It sounds quite reasonable, but the problem is that the search query box and the results list can only be emptied manually and only after opening Youtube search window (i.e. it won't reset even after foobar restart), which results in permanent focus on results list after the first search (unless your search returned no results).

That was also done by request. Considerations behind this behavior are reasonable too. So all I can suggest is to add additional item under Extensions group (say, "initial focus to search box") retaining current behavior as default.
Any solution is better than none =)